The question I get asked most about my skin care routine is: What moisturizer do you use?
While I’ve tried many moisturizers, nothing quenches my sensitive skin’s thirst like Creme De La Mer Moisturizing Cream.
I’ve tried to switch to a more affordable moisturizer, but always end up going back to Creme de la Mer. So makes me go back like a moth to a flame? Here’s my 5 reasons.
- Super Moisturizing: leaves my dry skin nice and supple.
- Not Greasy: other creams feel like I’ve just lathered oil onto my face, but La Mer absorbs quickly.
- Non Irritating: great on my sensitive skin.
- Healing: does not irritate my dry lips. Other moisturizers tend to irritate (sting) my lips. La Mer is the ONLY moisturizer that I can put near or on my lips and not irritate them. I love this and makes me trust that it’s a good healing agent for my skin.
- A little goes a long way: Although it’s pricey, a little bit goes a long way. To make it last longer, I sometimes use La Mer only at night and use a cheaper moisturizer in the morning. (1 oz: $135, 2 oz $250)
If you do decide to try La Mer, here’s the best way to apply. Take a small amount and warm with both hands using your index, middle and ring fingers. This supposedly activates the ingredients… I mostly do this to soften the cream so it’s easier to apply. So either way, it’s serving a purpose. Then pat/press onto your face.
I would only recommend this product for those of you who have very dry and/or sensitive skin. I also recommend using La Mer with a serum that will provide vitamins and antioxidants to protect against premature aging. As for the eye La Mer eye cream… ehhh… Wasn’t that impressed, but I’ll save that for another post.
ps… thanks Julie for introducing me to La Mer during our stay in D.C. 😉
In case you’re interested… here’s how La Mer came about:
Forty years ago, aerospace physicist Dr. Max Huber set out to help heal the appearance of the scars he suffered in a lab accident. Pioneering the use of sea kelp and bio fermentation in skincare, he created Miracle Broth- the elixir known for its healing energies that powers the legendary Creme de la Mer. It took twelve years and thousands of experienments to perfect but the results were transformational. Just as Huber hoped, his skin appeared dramitically renewed- softer, smoother, more supple and refined. (from www.cremedelamer.com)