Hairspray Your Lashes!~

Don’t you ever wish you could hairspray your lashes to hold the curl?

If you curl then apply mascara- the wetness of the mascara takes the curl away.
If you curl after mascara- You’re left with sticky lashes and an eyelash curler that’s covered in mascara.

Either way, it’s not a good situation. While we can’t literally hairspray our lashes (I tried.. don’t ask), here’s the next best thing.

1. Apply clear mascara (by Cover Girl, Maybelline, or Jane Iredale) to dry uncurled top lashes. Apply both under and over top lashes.
  2. Wait until completely dried. You can apply makeup or style your hair while you wait..
  3. Once clear mascara is completely dried, curl your lashes as you normally would. Notice how easily they curl?! Separate your lashes if needed.
  4. Apply black mascara. Your lashes should hold the curl! 🙂

The clear mascara basically acts as a styling gel and holds the curl even when you apply another wet coat of mascara. No need to worry about breaking your lashes… unlike regular mascara, clear mascara won’t make your lashes brittle or hard even when it’s dry. So your lashes are safe… and beautifully curled.

On Left: Curled with clear mascara.
On Right: Curled but without clear mascara.
Already, you can see the definition in the lashes on the left while looking super natural! Also, ,the curl will hold a lot better throughout the day!

Happy eyelash curling everyone!~

**This is a tip a friend shared with me 0ver 10 years ago. Thanks HB for sharing ! xoxo.

Follow and Gossip with me: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin

1. Peggy
    March 15, 2013 / 2:53 am

Regarding your blog a/b using Pepto Bismol as a mask or as a cheek tint …….If I choose to use Pepto as a mask , how long should I leave it on my face ? I have very dry , sensetive skin. Also how long did your face stay pink after you used Pepto as a mask ? Thanks so much !

2. Peggy
    March 15, 2013 / 2:21 am

I love the topics that you write about. This article is great. Im going to purchase a clear mascara and follow your instruction s …..looking forward to larger , curled eye lashes !
    Thank you.

3. Mindy
    June 20, 2012 / 10:00 am

I usually blow dry my eye lash curler and then curl my dry lashes then mascara – so far no burns 😀

4. December 4, 2011 / 4:26 am

What an awesome tip! I don’t wear mascara, I just curl my lashes. I don’t wear it for financial reasons. Plus I can’t imagine the extra time it takes to remove my mascara.

5. shana
    December 3, 2011 / 9:19 pm

thanx will try this now my lashes never stay clured for long =/

• December 3, 2011 / 9:28 pm

Hope it works for you! Just make sure your lashes dry completely before curling!!!

6. November 10, 2011 / 11:58 am

I could never get those mascara curlers to work.

• November 10, 2011 / 1:06 pm

I’ll be doing a post soon on how to curl with curlers! Stay tuned!! Thx for reading.

7. November 10, 2011 / 12:41 am

awesome!! just this morning i was thinking about your mascara’s love affair… and i totally thought that i should ask about stubbornly straight lashes. this is great! thanks!!!

• November 10, 2011 / 2:06 am

Great! Glad to help. I’ll be posting soon on how and which curler I use! Thx for the comment Aimee!!!!!!

• November 10, 2011 / 2:08 am

Suggestions are always welcomed! send me suggestions next time u have questions or ideas!!! 😉

8. Carol
    November 9, 2011 / 6:53 pm

Oh wow! Great tip! I always have the hardest time with this!