Pepto Bismol: Mask or Blush Tint?

Hi!

I heard that Pepto Bismol is a great mask for dull skin and acne. The salicylic acid in Pepto Bismol is a key ingredient found in many beauty products to help with blemishes. So I took a deep breath and decided to try it out. My very first DIY mask. 🙂

Pepto Bismol Mask

How: Take a cotton ball or foundation brush, and generously apply Pepto over your face. Wait 5-10 minutes and wash off.
Pros: Cheap and face felt and looked tighter
Cons: Difficult to wash off and turned my face pink! (due to food coloring)

Since my entire face was tinted pink, I probably wouldn’t use Pepto Bismol as a mask again. But then I started thinking…  maybe I can use Pepto as a blush tint! So I decided to compare it to Benefit’s Posie Tint.

Pepto Bismol vs. Benefit’s Posie Tint

Before

During
Top: Pepsi Bismol applied with foundation brush
Bottom: Posie Tint applied with applicator

After
Top: Pepto Bismol wiped off after 5 minutes. I had to leave Pepto Bismol on a bit longer than Posie Tint, but I got a very similar color to Posie Tint. A very subtle soft pink tint/stain.
Bottom: Posie Tint wiped off after 1 minute.

I have fair skin, so not sure how it would show up on tan or darker skin tones.

Pepto Bismol didn’t work as a mask for me, but I’m happy to have discovered a super cheap and natural tint for my cheeks (Posie Tint: $24 for 0.42 ounces vs. Pepto Bismol: $3.99 for 4 ounces).

xoxo

Facebook  | Twitter | Bloglovin

You may also like:
Cleanser vs. Waterproof Eyeliner
BB Cream: Airbrush in a Bottle (Part II)
Urban Decay Naked and Naked2 Palette Visual Comparison
How Boob Cream Changed My Life

1. Just Me
    November 3, 2013 / 12:58 pm

Maybe I will try that. It’s pretty cool. Sometimes I wear blush to school but it looks clownish and obvious but maybe if I use this it will give my cheeks some natural looking color. Thanks for sharing!

2. November 19, 2012 / 6:39 am

I do a pepto bismol mask once a week! I think the face discoloration may be dependent on the brand you are using. I have very fair skin and never have a problem with tainted skin. Some probably contain more food dye than others. I had actually thought about leaving it on my cheeks as a tint too! Glad I found a blog to back that idea up.

3. thattweetthing
    April 20, 2012 / 3:41 pm

This is amazing!

4. January 5, 2012 / 12:22 pm

Hey, instead of Pepto, give Milk of Magnesia a try as a DIY mask. It is full of good for your skin minerals and tightens/tones while not drying out the skin and since it is white it leaves no pink residue. Love your stuff-, this is an old Latina trick.

• January 5, 2012 / 12:39 pm

I’ll try that as a future DIY! Thanks for sharing!!!~

5. January 5, 2012 / 9:23 am

i actually used this when i was fourteen as a pimple treatment that somebody recommended but it did the opposite 🙁 . I used it as a mask and it stained my face and after that i got breakouts like crazy.

6. December 15, 2011 / 3:30 pm

So interesting! And thanks for following us! We just started looking at your blog and love it so far. Do you think the pepto bismol would iritate your skin since it is not meant to be used for your skin? I’m thinking there may be chemicals in there that might not work so well with your skin. Did you notice any aftereffects?

• December 15, 2011 / 3:57 pm

I have dry and very sensitive skin and my face was fine. I was a bit worried too, but other than my face turning pink from the food dye… it was okay. 🙂 Thanks for visiting, and hope you come by often. 😉

7. Aimee
    December 12, 2011 / 11:24 pm

ridiculous!!! i like it!!