I decided to test 3 new cleansers I purchased this past month. Take a look at which one was able to remove Make Up For Ever Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil without the help of a separate eye makeup remover.
The 3 brands I tested are:
1. Bliss : clog dissolving cleansing milk
2. Ole Henriksen: apricot cleansing lotion
3. fresh: soy face cleanser
I drew a line with my Make Up For Ever Eyeliner and rubbed the 3 cleansers lightly onto my skin as I normally would on my face.
After: Looks like fresh’s soy face cleanser removed the eyeliner the best!
Here’s a more detailed review of the 3 cleansers.
- milky consistency
- pleasant smell
- leaves skin feeling clean but supple
- apply to dry or wet face and rinse off with water
- can be used as a gentle exfoliating mask
- recommend for dry/sensitive skin 🙂
- lotion consistency
- super subtle smell
- apply to dry face and rinse off with water or wet sponge/wash cloth
- didn’t feel squeaky clean after using this cleanser
- recommend for very dry skin
- watery gel consistency
- not a fan of the smell
- apply to wet/damp face and rinse off with water
- cleans skin well but super gentle
- recommend for dry/sensitive skin, but wish it was fragrance free or had a better smell 🙂
Hope this has been helpful in selecting a cleanser! Here’s Part II of this Waterproof Eyeliner vs. Cleanser Challenge!