La Roche-Posay.

I’ve heard some good things about La Roche-Posay so I decided to give it a try.

I purchased Effaclar Serum ($39.95) and Redermic+ ($51.50). Major sticker shock. Luckily, CVS had their buy one and get one 50% sale, plus I had a $10 coupon so I thought it was a good deal.

Effaclar Serum:
This “Pore-Refining Anti-Wrinkle Serum” promises to “Tightens pores. Visibly smooths wrinkles, boosts radiance.”

I came home, washed my face and put on the liquidy serum and instantly felt…  stinging. 7.5% AHA-Glycolic Complex and 0.5% micro-exfoliating LHA was too much for my skin I guess. When they promise that it tightens pores, they really mean it. I felt my skin tug and get tight which is great, but then the stinging and burning made it not so great. This was a miss for me personally, but this may be a good option for people with really oily or acne prone skin. Still will probably sting… but may be effective at clearing up the skin.

Redermic+:
This “Intensive Daily Anti-Wrinkle Firming Fill-in Care” lotion promises to “Reduce the appearance of even deep wrinkles. Visibly restores skin firmness.”

I put this on and was pleasantly surprised at the velvety texture. This lotion is formulated for sensitive skin so no burning involved here. I patted it over my face and it felt like it had absorbed nicely. To feel the texture some more, I ran my fingers across my cheeks to discover this:

Yuck. I hate when moisturizers rub off like erasers.
This also makes it challenging to use any  foundation, BB cream, or cream blush after the moisturizer.

First time trying La Roche-Posay, and both products were a miss.
I’ll probably try their sunblock and maybe 1 more product before I totally give up on La Roche-Posay. 🙂

1. Patty
    January 9, 2012 / 7:35 pm

If you are getting “peeling” effects, you may want to think about adding an exfoliate to your regimen 2-3 times a week in place of a cleanser. It works wonders and improves the texture of your skin…Some people use products with LHA or Glycolic acid and dont realize it resurfaces the skin for a healthy glow, but it’s very strong and you may not need to use as much product. …check out LRP’s Physiological scrub…it’s AWESOME!!

• January 9, 2012 / 10:59 pm

Yes, totally agree exfoliation is important! The peeling effect was the product clumping and rubbing off like an eraser, not my skin. 🙂

2. Sujin
    January 1, 2012 / 7:19 am

What’s bb cream? I’ve heard a lot about it but no idea what it is.

• January 2, 2012 / 12:45 am

They can be wonderful! I’ll be doing a post soon! Watch out for it! 😉

3. December 27, 2011 / 6:35 am

Hmmm that “Fill-in Care” sounds like one of those primer-type products that fills in your fine lines and wrinkles? If so, you probably have to be very careful how much product you use just to smooth over your face. It doesn’t really sink in your skin like a moisturizer it covers your skin like a primer. Don’t give up on it if you need this type of product. Try a slightly different application next time and see what you think! Let me know if you bought this to be a moisturizer or if you were looking for a product to fill in fine lines as a primer. 🙂 🙂

• December 28, 2011 / 12:39 am

I know what you mean… I was worried it wouldn’t absorb into the skin. I initially thought it had, and was super disappointed when I had eraser peelings all over my hands. 🙁 I bought it as a treatment, so I would probably put a moisturizer/sunblock/foundation and/or BB cream on top of it… but if it crumbles off like that. No Can Do. 🙁

4. gina
    December 26, 2011 / 9:42 pm

i’m almost done with my clarins sunblock and my LRP one is awaiting patiently. will let you know how i feel about it after!

5. Melinda
    December 22, 2011 / 5:54 pm

Nooooo! Next time you’re ready to try LRP again, give me a call. I’ll tell you which products are good for you. The Biomedic line is awesome. But hands down, their sunscreens are the best. If you have dry/normal skin, the SPF 15 with moisturizer is great!!

• December 22, 2011 / 6:19 pm

Will do!!! I heard great things about their sunscreens… that’s what I’ll prob try that next. 🙂 When I’m ready to buy LRP moisturizer… I’ll be sure to ask first.