I recently tried 3 colored lip balms and fell in love with one of them.
Here are the swatches…
I’ll review from left to right.
1. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie (~$6.49)
According to Revlon:
- Hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture by 156%
- Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth
- Available in 20 luscious shades
- Glides on surprising smooth and is quite hydrating. The stick is very soft, so it literally melts on your lips.
- I was surprised at how much color it had! Too much color for me… but there’s 20 shades to choose from. I’d like to try out Peach Parfait and Creme Brulee next time.
- No scent.
2. Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss (~$3.99)
According to Maybelline:
- Lip renew formula and 8-hr hydration for visibly renewed lips in 4 weeks.
- Clinical care for baby-soft lips.
- Available in 6 moisturizing shades
- The stick is a bit hard/waxy, so it does not glide on as easily as the other balms. Not saying its too waxy… Just a touch more waxy than the other ones in this post.
- Applies very sheer with a little bit of shimmer. Not sure how to explain it… but the shimmer seemed a bit too obvious especially since the color was so neutral and sheer. I’d probably like it better in another color…
- Fragrance of balm was a bit ‘artificial’ in my opinion.
3. Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in Caramel (~$4.99)
According to Burt’s Bees:
- Vitamin E and Beeswax nourish and moisturize lips to a shine. Enriched with Sunflower and Coconut Oils.
- Invigorating Peppermint flavor
- 12 shimmering shades
- Glides on easily and is very hydrating. The consistency of the stick is perfect. Not too hard/waxy but not too soft where it feels like it’s being “pushed” around on your lips.
- Caramel is the perfect natural color with the perfect amount of shimmer for everyday wear. Gave my lips the just bitten look.
- Fresh minty flavor gave my lips the perfect amount of tingle.
🙂 Final Thoughts:
- If you’re looking for long lasting color… these are not the products for you.
- A bit disappointed with Maybelline’s Baby Lips considering all the hype. Didn’t love the consistency and it wasn’t as moisturizing as the other balms . Also, it’s the most expensive! I won’t be purchasing again… But I believe in second chances, so maybe another color next time.
- Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in Caramel was my favorite. I loved the consistency of the balm, color, and flavor. I tend to not like rounded tops because it’s harder to get sharp edges, but the thin application stick made it easy to apply with precision.
- Plus… Burt’s Bees is cruelty free!
Thanks for reading and I hope you’re enjoying your week!~