This is a continuation post from BB Cream: Airbrush in a Bottle (Part I)!~
In Part I, I reviewed and compared Clinique, Dr. Jart, boscia, Dr. G (Korean brand). Today I’ll review the SmashBox and Stila BB creams!~ Btw, the “Before” pictures were taken with just moisturizer on and photographed on macro setting… Shy about posting these photos, but in the spirit of being open and honest with my pretty gossipers… Brace yourself for some really close shots of my (bare and hyper-pigmented) face!
This multitasking tinted cream formula with SPF 35 hydrates, primes, perfects, controls oil, and protects for flawless skin on set and beyond. Formulated with emollients and optical pearl pigments, this BB Cream gives skin a glowing, ethereal look and provides a hydrating veil for the complexion to maintain moisture on the surface of the skin. With its ultra-smoothing finish, it instantly re-texturizes to create a smooth canvas. Especially when worn under foundation, it enhances the wear of makeup for up to eight hours. Ideal even for oily complexions, this expert formula with UVA/UVB protection helps inhibit oil to prevent the complexion from getting shiny throughout the day without the typical chalky matte finish.
– Very good coverage compared to Stila, as well as the other BB creams from Part I.
– Uneven skin tone and hyper-pigmentation were nicely covered!
– Thick cream consistency, so may not be good for oily skin.
– UVA and UVB protection! SPF of 35.
– Available in 4 shades which is great!
– Most expensive per ounce. Bottle is very small.
Stila: Stay all day 10 in 1: $38 for 1.5 oz. Available at Sephora.
Indulge your skin with Stila’s all-in-one wrinkle reducing, skin perfecting, high definition, age-defying beauty balm.
1. contains innovative microspheres, which have been shown to hide skin imperfections and reduce the appearance of wrinkle depth by up to 84%.
2. infused with natural, skin protecting emollients which have been shown to increase antioxidant activity by up to 89.7%.
3. enriched with tripeptide-37, bamboo and pea extracts, which help diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
4. long-wearing, high definition formula.
5. helps reduce pore size and provides oil and blemish control.
6. features an exclusive complex, which helps reduce redness and skin irritation.
7. uses the smallest particle size of coated pigments for seamless, smooth coverage.
8. luxurious beauty balm glides onto skin and leaves a silky powdery finish.
9. ideal for all skin types and skin tones.
10. oil-free, paraben-free and dermatologists tested.
-Very light natural coverage.
– Coverage wasn’t great… but skin looked brighter and had a silky finish. Dry skin: great over moisturizer. Oily skin: it’s oil free!
– A nice matte finish compared to other BB creams.
– Only comes in 1 shade, which is pretty light. But because it’s so sheer, it may work for most light to medium skin tones.
– No sunblock which is disappointing.
– Smells really nice. 😉
Hope everyone is having a great week!~