Amazing Top Coat

Well, it’s been 5 days since I gave myself a mini-manicure and I’m impressed with Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat! It totally performed! Even after an active long weekend, my nail polish is STILL looking great!~ Wow. Here’s a look at day 1 and 5 days later!~

You can see that my nails have grown since day 1, but no chipping… and my nail polish ALWAYS chips because my nails are very thin and flexible. By the 2nd day, I usually have chips especially on my index finger. Not with Seche Vite! Well Done Seche Vite! Well Done~

I highly recommend this amazing top coat. Totally lived up to the hype. It dried quickly, smoothed out any bumps and minor smudges, and kept my nails looking great for 5 days. I highly recommend this top coat.

I got this bottle for about $8. You can purchase Ulta, Drugstore.com, Sally Beauty Supply.

What tops coats do you recommend??

Related Posts:Complimentary Nail Polishes | Leave the shaking on the dance floor

1. Red
    January 3, 2015 / 8:18 am

I tried Seche Vite over the holidays. Totally, totally disappointed. Nails started to chip and peal like stickers the next day. Waste of money.

• January 8, 2015 / 11:49 pm

So sorry to hear. Since you invested in a bottle, give it another try. This time, try using a basecoat if you hadn’t before. Also, the trick to using Seche Vite is applying it before the color dries. So you want to apply Seche Vite quick dry topcoat while the color polish is wet. Hope this helps.

2. Brandi Young
    June 27, 2013 / 8:35 am

I discovered Sally Hansen Inst-Dry top coat about a year ago and love it because of the same perks, instant dry time, strong protectant, and I love the added bonus that it smooths any nicks or repairs I make later in the week! http://sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-care/insta-dri-anti-chip-top-coat

I am still hoping to try Seche Vite someday, though. I hear great things about it! I love the Essie colors on your nails, too!

• June 29, 2013 / 4:46 pm

Seche Vite is amazing. A must try for sure!!! Thanks for visiting and the comment.

• June 29, 2013 / 4:57 pm

Yes, you definitely need to try Seche Vite asap. I’ve tried tons of top coats but nothing else works as well for me. I used to hate doing my nails because it would look horrible two days later. I can get 5 to 7 days out of my manicure now and that’s saying something because I wash all my dishes by hand and I work with my hands. I would do gel mani’s, but I like to switch colors too often. Seche Vite is more expensive, but it’s one of those products that I don’t mind paying for because it does what it’s supposed to do. And my nails grow longer because they are more protected. Okay, now I sound like a commercial!

• June 30, 2013 / 3:15 am

That’s how I feel too! I love it and its always in my nail toolbox! Thanks for visiting and commenting!

3. Devin
    February 11, 2012 / 10:30 am

Seche Vite has very harmful chemicals in it. I have even heard it comes with a warning label that it may cause birth defects.

• February 11, 2012 / 10:36 am

Wow. Thanks for the info. I will have to look into it! Will keep u posted!

4. January 20, 2012 / 10:52 pm

I love Seche Vite! I usually get it at Sally’s but was thrilled when I found it on clearance at Walgreen’s for $4. I bought all three of the bottles they had left. I also like the Seche Vite in the black bottle that you use with their UV lamp.

• January 21, 2012 / 3:00 am

Glad you got the last ones! It really is great. Thanks for reading and gossiping with us!~

5. L.C.
    January 20, 2012 / 9:48 pm

I’ve had issues using Seche Vite with OPI. It wouldn’t dry quite as quickly, and it would still be moldable even after a considerable amount of time.

Seche has worked really well with a nice, tough finish with China Glaze (CG and SV are made by the same manufacturer) and Essie in my experience.

If you’re not doing heavy manual labor for hours on end wearing latex/nitrile gloves, then your manicure can last up to a week without major chipping. If you DO wear gloves every day, then not even multiple coats of SV can save you from chipping ):

And yeah, SV does get goopy after a while because of its fast-dry formula. All you need to do is get some nail polish thinner and mix in a few drops when the time comes. It would be a good investment!

• January 21, 2012 / 3:02 am

Agreed! If you work with your hands a lot… there’s no getting around chips I suppose. But SV still helps I’m sure. xo

• January 19, 2012 / 10:10 pm

I’m wearing 2 coats of Essie’s Cocktail Bling and 1 coat of Essie’s Pearlfection!~

6. January 19, 2012 / 12:20 pm

Yay! Where did you get Sech Vite from? I’m using Sally Hansen Double Duty base & top coat (and satisfied), but curious about others. 🙂

• January 19, 2012 / 12:30 pm

I bought it from Ulta. 😉 You have to try it… it’s great.

7. January 19, 2012 / 2:23 am

I have that same problem with my nails! Should get some of that, impressive 🙂