After seeing countless reviews on CoastalScents.com shadow palettes, I decided to order a few items and test them out for myself.
I purchased the 78 Shadow Blush Palette from Coastal Scents for $18.95 and honestly expected the palette to be unusable and/or poor quality.
I’m happy to report that Coastal Scents proved me wrong! It’s a great palette to have around especially if you don’t want to spend a ton of money. It has enough everyday colors as well as some funky colors perfect for those occasions when you need a peacock green or sunshine yellow!~
The palette comes with :
- 60 eye shadow colors: Shadows are soft and super pigmented!~ Better quality than I expected. The pots are small (about the size of a dime), but don’t think I’ll use enough red or orange eyeshadow to ever run out. 😉
- 12 highlight and liner shades: Only 2 colors are light enough to use as highlighters, the other 10 colors including silvers, coppers, bronzes, grays and a true black can be used as liners. They smudged a little for me, so I’d only use them for a smokey eye.
- 6 blush shades: Applies sheer and provides a beautiful subtle wash of color on your cheeks. These pots are a bit bigger than a quarter, maybe a fifty cent coin.
- 1 mirror: Wish it was bigger, but guess there’s more risk of it breaking if it was bigger.
- 2 dual end foam tip applicators: These are a bit useless… but it’s the thought that counts.
Whether at home or jet-setting across the world this all-in-one palette makes it convenient and easy to create any look you desire. Our 78 Shadow Blush Palette contains sixty highly pigmented matte and shimmery eye shadows in a wide range of colors from wearable neutrals to vibrant hues. Also included in this palette are twelve highlight/liner shades that are perfect for creating dimension and enhancing your look. And you can’t forget the six gorgeous matte and shimmer blush/bronzers to add warmth and a natural glow. All of these are contained in our Coastal Scents logo imprinted matte black case which is a staple for any makeup kit.
Here’s the palette. It bothers me that there’s no space between 78 and Shadow… as well no space between Blush and Palette.
Here’s the palette opened. Notice the 2 double ended sponge applicators are on the sides of the mirror. Although it may seem like a good palette to travel with… I probably wouldn’t. The packaging is not the best, so I’d would be afraid of the plastic palette cracking or breaking. Plus, I’ve read that some of the shadow pots come out after some use. This is easily fixed with a bit of super glue. 🙂 Basically, the construction of the palette is not the best… But at $18.95 and 78 colors, they had to cut costs somewhere.
Here’s how the palette is divided.
The swatches of some of my favorite colors!~
I probably won’t use this palette everyday, but I’m still glad I got it. I totally recommend getting this if you’re just starting to wear makeup, or want to expand your shadow color palette without spending a fortune. You never know when a girl will need 78 colors!!!!