I’ve been meaning to buy some makeup brushes and was excited to find Sigma Makeup. They carry tons of brushes and the prices are affordable!~ Each brush I purchased were between $14-$16. With a hopeful heart I ordered 4 brushes with a 10% off discount code (0112XJML) : 2 kabuki brushes for foundation/blush and 2 smaller brushes for concealers/eye shadows.
When the brushes arrived, I was ! The bristles are made from a very soft “Sigmax synthetic filament” which does not absorb the cream or liquid product that you load onto the brush. This means you waste less product, and the brushes will last longer since the bristle shafts are not constantly collecting and absorbing cream and liquid products. Here are my general observations.
The 2 Kabuki brushes are:
- Super soft and packed densely.
- Tight bristles allows you to pick up a lot of product quickly and easily. Great control because it won’t ‘fan’ out.
- No need to swirl or pack on the product as you normally would with a regular fluffy brush… you’ll end up with too much product on your face!
The 2 smaller Precision brushes are:
- Amazing. They’re soft with just the perfect amount of stiffness.
- These brushes are tightly packed like the Kabuki brushes and will pick up products well.
- Won’t go ‘limp’ when you’re trying to work concealer or eye shadow into your skin. This gives you great control and also allows the ends of the bristles to do their job! I hate it when I feel like I’m applying concealer or shadow with the neck/base of the brush. Here’s what I mean…
Now, let’s take a close look at the 4 brushes I got and I hope this helps you decide on which brushes to get!~
“The F86 Tapered Kabuki brush is ideal for using powders and highlighter under the eye and cheek area. The dense and precise tip in this brush enhances cheek highlighting and contouring for a flawless application. Synthetic Sigmax HD filament.”
- BB Cream, foundation, and primer.
- Blush, highlighting and contouring.
- Even though it’s a big brush, it gets into every corner because of the tapered end.
“The F84 Angled Top Kabuki brush is the perfect brush for precise, yet blended application of products on the cheeks. It seamlessly applies cream, powder and liquid products. Made of Synthetic Sigmax HD filament.
- Any cream or powder product.
- Blush or powder for face.
- Remember, this brush is densely packed so it will pick up a lot of product, so use your product sparingly.
Precision Round – P82 ($14)
“The P82 Precision Round Brush simplifies makeup application under the eyes and around the nose. This small, dense brush is also perfect for achieving flawless coverage using liquid and powder products in precise areas. Features synthetic Sigmax HD fibers.”
- Eye shadows, concealer, and under eye concealer.
- Get in and around every contour of the eyes and nose.
- Gives great control because it won’t go ‘limp’ or fan out too much.
Precision Flat – P80 ($14)
“The P80 Precision Flat Brush is small and dense, perfect for buffing in small areas. It is ideal for liquid and cream products on small areas for a flawless application. Features synthetic Sigmax HD fibers.”
- Use buy tapping the brush to blend concealer onto skin.
- Bristles are short and provide the perfect stiffness to blend.
If you’d like to check out all the Sigma brushes, please click HERE. Plus don’t forget to enter code 0112XJML at checkout to save 10% off your entire order!~ Code expires January 31, 2012. Thanks for reading, and until next time… stay pretty!~ xoxo