What’s your Nude’tude: Naughty or Nice?

I’m happy to share with you theBalm’s Nude’tude palette. This palette comes in 2 package designs. Naughty and Nice. I, of course, got the Nice palette! 🙂 (Both Naughty and Nice palettes contain the same colors)

theBalm’s Nude’tude palette ($36): “These amazing palettes consist of 12 beautiful shades that make wearing nudes fun! These satiny smooth colors can be applied naturally ‘i.e. let me slip into something more comfortable” or beautifully layered. The wide range of naked neutrals gives you light highlighters as well as brazen bold shades that work to add definition and emphasis. Nude’Tude allows you to dramatically dress up your eyes (if nothing else)! The naughty palette has some risque packaging . The palette features 12 nude, natural shades of color and a dual sided applicator.”

These shadows are super soft and pigmented. Score!~ The palette provides a wide range of colors which is great for creating different looks. You could go for a soft natural look, or use the darker colors to create a more edgy/evening look.

12 Shadows of Nude’tude:
3 Matte
Sultry- a medium brick/brown. Reminds me of a Naked’s Buck with a bit more red.
Sexy- matte burgundy with a hint of brown.
Serious- a black with a good payoff. Simliar to Naked’s Creep, without the sparkles.
Sleek- a dark, almost black, brown.

8 Shimmer
Sassy- frosted white
Stubborn- a light-medium peach/pink. Great base.
Selfish- a frosted taupe with brown and gray tones. My favorite.
Sophisticated- a dark brown with shimmer. Very similar to Dark Horse from Naked.
Snobby- a yellow gold shimmer
Stand-offish- a warm champagne with a pink tint. Similar to Sin from Naked.
Schitzo- a gold bronze with alittle shimmer. Super pretty.
Silly- a brown (slightly red) with copper sparkle. Color payoff is not that great. Similiar to Naked’s Hustle, but Silly has more sparkles.

So I have to make the obvious comparison: theBalm’s Nude’tude vs. Urban Decay’s Naked.

Shadow Quality: I prefer theBalm! The texture and consistency of the shadows are so soft and almost velvety!

Packaging: The packaging for Naked seems a bit more premium because of the flocked velvety cover.

Both palettes have a magnetic close, but I find that the Naked palette is easier to open because there’s an actual edge on the flap to hold and open. The Nude’tude isn’t impossible to open… but may take a second longer because you have to position your fingers and open.

As for the mirror… Nude’tude totally wins. It’s a good sized mirror that you can actually see yourself in. Naked has a tiny mirror making it difficult to use.

Similar Colors: Nude’tude vs. Naked
Sultry: Buck- a medium brick/brown. Sultry a bit more red.
Sophisticated: Dark Horse- a dark brown with a bit of shimmer.
Stand-offish: Sin- a warm champagne with a pink tint.
Silly: Hustle- a brown (slightly red) with copper sparkle, but Silly has more sparkles.
Serious: Creep- a black with a good payoff. Serious has no sparkle. Matte.

Top row: Nude’tude in Sultry, Sophisticated, Stand-offish, Silly, and Serious.
Bottom row: Naked in Buck, Dark Horse, Sin, Hustle, and Creep.

My recommendations:

I highly recommend getting this palette. It has great shades from soft to dark which can be used to create many looks. I really loved the soft texture of the shadows… and all of them (except Silly) had amazing color payoff! Wasn’t powdery or hard like some other shadows which tend to have less color payoff. Also this palette comes with a soft double ended brush that’s super useful. It’s angled making it easy to use with full control.

Would I recommend getting this palette if you have Naked or another nude palette? Yes. While 5 colors are similar to Naked… even these are not the same. Also, even though I love Naked, I like to mix it up!~ Plus, you can’t beat $3 a color for such high quality shadows! Like I mentioned, I really like that the texture of these shadows because they’re super soft and blendable. Plus… could you really have too many eye shadows??? I rest my case.

If you don’t have another nude palette… I definitely recommend getting this palette for all the reasons above. Good colors, quality and price.

Something else to consider… Nude’tude is $12 cheaper than Naked. ($36 for Nude’tude vs. $48 for Naked).

Hope this review helps!~

Get 25% off your entire theBalm purchase until TODAY! 2/11/12 at 11:59pm (assuming EST).

Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin

Related Posts:
Loreal Infallible Eye Shadow… Finally We Meet
24 Hour Color Tattoo
Fight Wrinkles While You Sleep
The Perfect Weekend Getaway… Makeup Bag

1. Calypso
    December 4, 2015 / 8:05 am

I think the other commenter was right. You may have gotten a fake one by accident. Are you sure you bought it from their store? You should check the comparison of this real and fake one right here: blendnsmack.blogspot.my/2014/07/real-vs-fake-thebalm-nudetude.html?m=1

2. Thess
    February 15, 2015 / 4:11 am

The colour does not look the same btw! Just wanna help.

• February 15, 2015 / 10:35 pm

Wow! I wonder if they changed the color! Thanks for the info. Very interesting. Next time, please don’t assume I am “faking” anything… I just want to help too so I’m always honest about my photos and reviews. Thanks for visiting and for the comments! Interested in seeing the color you have in your palette! 🙂 xo

• Thess
        February 16, 2015 / 12:14 am

I didn’t mean that you had faked anything, sorry if you misunderstood. What I meant is that the seller wasn’t true to you ( it looks like it, I have read several blogs about fake palettes) I could send you a picture of my palette, but I don’t know how to do it. Have a Nice day <3

• February 17, 2015 / 12:16 am

I purchased mine at their official site (thebalm.com) so I hope I didn’t get a fake! Haha. I think we just for different versions 😉

3. Thess
    February 14, 2015 / 9:45 pm

The palette on the picture is fake, in the real one there is no colour named “schitzo”

• February 15, 2015 / 12:05 am

Why would I fake a name or a photo of this palette? Maybe we just have different versions… Or the Balm made a change in between the version you and I have. What colors do you have in your palette besides schitzo? Is the color the same, just a different name?

4. Tiffany B.
    December 8, 2013 / 9:36 pm

I’m new to your blog & absolutely love your posts! So happy to have found you!

• December 28, 2013 / 3:55 am

Thank you so much!!! I hope you’ll visit often! 😉

5. Umphanya
    April 16, 2012 / 7:16 am

I just listed this palette on eBay , naughty edition though if that matters.

6. Lea
    March 5, 2012 / 11:19 am

FYI: HauteLook is selling TheBalm products (including the Nude’tude palette) today and tomorrow (3/5 and 3/6) for $18!!!

7. February 13, 2012 / 4:58 pm

:'(
    i didnt even see this until the sale was already over.
    now i must wait! :((

• February 13, 2012 / 5:02 pm

booo… Sorry. Make sure to sigh up for the email updates! That way, you’ll never miss a thing!~ xoxo.
      Plus… I’m on facebook and twitter too! Hope you’re having a good day.

• February 13, 2012 / 5:08 pm

the story came by way of FB. i dont really use my twitter enough.
        and i’m totally signed up now!!!!
        thanks! i’ll live, i think…. lol

8. February 11, 2012 / 9:17 am

Great review & fantastic comparison photos! 🙂

9. ginahlee
    February 11, 2012 / 5:03 am

what if you didn’t have any of the palettes? which would you recommend?

• February 11, 2012 / 5:06 am

If you don’t have any neutral palettes and don’t want to spend a lot of money, I recommend Nude’tude… It’s $36 vs. $48 or $50 for Naked and Naked2. But then again… you really can’t go wrong with any of Nude’tude, Naked, or Naked2. They’re all great. But my top 2 choices (right now) are Nude’tude and Naked.