I haven’t bought a MAC lip product in a LONG time because I don’t like their super sticky consistency. But I believe in second chances, so I picked up MAC’s Limited Edition Hush, Hush Tendertone Lip Balm ($15) to see what the hype was about.
Here’s how MAC describes Tendertones:
The next generation lip conditioner that combines the look of a gloss and the conditioning benefits of a balm with SPF 12 sun protection. Features a light strawberry-kiwi flavor.
Notice the beautiful gold specks of glitter?!
These limited edition lip balms are available in (left to right):
Purring (tangerine with a bit of pearl), Hush, Hush (peachy/pink with gold glitter), Tread Gently (lime yellow with pearl), and Hot ‘n’ Spicy (sheer red/cherry).
- Strawberry-kiwi flavor smells yummy.
- Color is a sheer peachy pink with tiny gold specks of glitter.
- Applies smoothly and feels good on the lips.
- Consistency is a bit gloppy for a ‘balm’ but not as sticky as some glosses. So I personally would describe it as a hybrid between a gloss and balm.
- Leaves a a touch of color with a beautiful shine.
- Great over any shade of lipstick or with a nude lip liner for a natural but defined look.
- Comes in a pot. Wish it was in a tube so I didn’t have to apply with my fingertips.
- Pot is made of glass, so it’s quite heavy. I probably wouldn’t keep in my purse because it’s heavy, and I don’t like the fact that I have to use my fingers to apply it while I’m out.
- SPF of 12 is a nice bonus.
- Yes, I recommend these. I love the smell and like gloss-balm consistency.
- All the colors are so sheer, you can’t go wrong.
Hope you’re enjoying your weekend. Until next time, stay pretty… inside and out!