Waaaaay before Buxom Creams, I’ve been in love with Buxom Lip Polishes. Been using the polishes for years (probably on my 12th bottle, no joke) and now the lip gloss gods have answered my prayers with Buxom Creams. Basically, Buxom Creams is everything wonderful about the Polishes minus the glitter. Don’t get me wrong, I like a little glitter from time to time, but not everyday… especially those days when I have no other makeup on.
I have tons of lip glosses… but for some reason I always have to keep a Buxom Lip Polish in my purse. They are probably (dare I say it) my favorite lip glosses/polishes… for the past 4 years! That’s a big statement I know, but it’s love~
Here’s why I love Buxom Lip Polishes (with glitter) and Creams (without glitter):
- Pricepoint. $18 for 4.45 mL
- Smell. It smells great and I haven’t met a person who didn’t think so either.
- Consistency. It is a thick gloss, but in no way sticky. You can press your lips together and you won’t get that yucky goop stuff connecting your lower and upper lips. Grosses me out.
- Tingle. Yes, it tingles and cools while plumping… but it’s just enough where you’re actually enjoying it. No pain or worry with this one.
- Coverage/Color. Buxom Creams are sheer to medium coverage depending on the color. Other Buxom lip glosses range from sheer to full depending on the color.
- Moisturizing. As you may know, I have extremely dry lips. These lip glosses are moisturizing and soothing. Probably the vitamins A & E.
- Glitter and Shine. You get shine across the board. If you’re looking for glitter and shimmer… Buxom really delivers in their Diamond collection.
I already had (& barely used) Dolly and Claire in my purse, so I didn’t buy a Buxom Cream. Talk about self control!~ (Honestly, it was because they didn’t have the color I wanted)
Buxom Lip Polishes currently in my purse...
- Dolly: Pinky color great for all skin tones which is probably why it’s a best seller. It’s not apparent in the photo, but it has tiny specks of gold shimmer.
- Claire: A lighter shade of pink. This one is a part of the ‘diamond’ collection. TONS of shimmer. Great for those days you want t to shine. 😉
New Buxom Creams (Launched in February 2012)
“Tingle, plump & shine your pout to super-sexy proportions. No shimmer, no glimmer-just creamy glass-smooth gloss, decadent color, intoxicating shine, and that famous Buxom tingle. Hyaluronic filling spheres infuse lips with moisture for creamy soft perfection while Vitamins A & E help keep lips soft, smooth and protected. Formulated without: Parabens, Sulfates, Phthalates, GMOs, and Tricolsan.”
Buxom Creams are great for everyday wear. Still has the non-sticky consistency, delicious smell, and minty tingle but without shimmer or glitter! It’s simply perfect. The Buxom Creams have frosted bottles. All 7 shades are only available at Sephora! My favorites include Mudslide, Pink Lady and White Russian. Can’t wait to get them.
Until next time, stay pretty… inside and out! xo