Le Edge: Next Generation in Exfoliation

About a month ago, I attended a Night Of Beauty hosted by Three Day Rule and Spaphile. Wasn’t sure what to expect, but I’m so glad I went! Champagne and goodie bags flowed throughout the night. Basically, I was in Beauty Heaven. They even had pamper stations, influencer lounges and retailers like Sole Society were showcasing their latest products!~

I received a lot of great products that night but was most excited to try out Le Edge: “The Next Generation in Exfoliation.” I was intrigued by the idea and couldn’t wait to try it.

“Le Edge is a hygienic personal exfoliating tool. Le Edge is precision designed to remove with ease dead skin cells and debris from the skin’s surface, revealing the newer younger cells and more radiant skin. Le Edge removes dulling surface debris such as toxins, oil, dirt, pollutants and dead skin cells. This process helps to restore the skin texture and by doing so, helps to reduce the size of the skin’s pores naturally.” ($34.95)

1st Attempt:
Le Edge is very easy to hold and the rubber handles prevent slipping. I was glad that the blade was dull and didn’t pose a treat of nicks or cuts. The first time I used the product, nothing seemed to happen. I expected to see dead skin cells, dirt, and oil to accumulate on the blades… but there was nothing. I started to question whether I was using the product correctly, so I decided to put it aside and review the directions again.

Short version of the directions I found online:
1. Use on wet skin under warm running water
2. Hold at 45-degree angle
3. Slide along the skin collecting the outer layer of dead skin cells, and debris such as soap, creams, oils, dirt, or instant tan remnants.

So looks like I was using it correctly, and was even right to expect ‘remnants’ of debris!

2nd Attempt:  I believe in 2nd chances, so I gave it another go. I really wanted this product to work because I love the idea! But alas… nothing! Ugh! This time, running the ‘blade’ along my wet arm tugged and irritated my skin and began to sting under the warm water! I have sensitive skin, so this may not happen to you. Just sharing my experience.

When I stepped out of the shower, I had to apply body lotion immediately because my skin felt unusually dry and tight… my skin began to sting again. 🙁

Overall: I’m not sure I can recommend this product at this point. I will give Le Edge one last try… but if I may be honest, I’m not that hopeful.

Have you tried Le Edge? How’s your experience been?

Facebook – Stay informed!
Twitter– Tweet me. I want to hear from you.
Pinterest– See what interests me.
Bloglovin– Easiest way to follow Pretty Gossip and all your favorite blogs.

You might also like:
Break Out of Breakouts.
Wen Cleansing Conditioner by Chaz Dean
Get the most out of your conditioner.

1. Chiara
    December 2, 2013 / 11:39 pm

It might be a good idea to use something like a simple sugar oil scrub and then using this to pull of the dead skin. I use something similar this way and you can see the gross gungy stuff, and your skin looks awesome afterwards

2. This might assist -
    April 2, 2012 / 3:38 pm

3. It works
    April 2, 2012 / 3:20 am

Wow, I have read the comments and you obviously have not been using the product correctly. Soak in the bath or the shower. You see the results instantly, it’s almost like you get a ‘yuk’ feeling because you see the gunk on the tool. You leave the shower feeling the freshest you have for some time. I exfoliate regularly and my daughter uses hers before and after, spray tans.

It takes all those little uneven, lumps and bumps of the skins surface, you see it there on the edge of the Le edge, great little product.

• April 2, 2012 / 12:47 pm

What a coincidence that I got two similar comments on the same day!~
      Thanks for your suggestion! The directions didn’t talk about soaking in a bath or shower before use, so I had no idea. 🙁 I’ll have to give it another try!

4. Go it wrong!
    April 2, 2012 / 3:13 am

Hi I have read your comments, I have been using the product for over two years, its brilliant for clearing the skin, stopping razor burn and keeping the skin silky clean. I was told about the product from several friends, who also see the amazing benefits and healthier change in the skins look and feel. Whats more my my feet have a remarkable soft texture.

5. Pingback: Pretty Gossip
  6. March 11, 2012 / 11:30 pm

I thought it would be like Clarisonic but alas this is just a noble idea implemented badly!

• March 11, 2012 / 11:46 pm

I really wanted this to work, but I just can’t get it to work right. I’m going to give it another shot… but not that hopeful. 🙁 I’ll keep you posted. Thanks for reading and commenting. xo

7. March 4, 2012 / 10:08 pm

Sounds like your skin cells are not loose enough yet, try it in the bath after soaking for 20 minutes, the heat and water loosen the cellular bonds once they are hydrated enough, I always do a scraping method of exfoliation when I takes baths, it’s amazing! You might also apply your lotion or a light skin oil while you are still damp in the shower before drying off, that way your skin will absorb the moisture before drying out more after your exfoliation. Good luck! I’m going to keep my eyes peeled for this product!

• March 4, 2012 / 10:12 pm

I’ll have to try that. Thanks for the suggestion Jenny!~ Will do an update once I get to try it again. 🙂 xo

8. March 4, 2012 / 9:58 pm

As a licensed esthetician for over 17 years, I don’t see how this thing could work…UNLESS you are someone who never exfoliates. But even regular washcloths should do some exfoliating.

This looks like a short lived trend weird item. Thanks for posting your thoughts…and giving it a second chance.

• March 4, 2012 / 10:02 pm

I kept ‘willing’ it to work because I liked the idea… oh well. Thanks for letting me know your thoughts! Helps me realize I’m not crazy~ xoxo