Love Life Skin : Revitalizing Eye Cream

Do you use eye cream? If you’ve answered “yes” good for you! Bravo. If you’ve answered “no”… consider the fact that preventative care is the best defense against premature lines and wrinkles. Need more motivation?

The way you take care of your skin in your 20s shows in your 30s. The way you take care of your skin in your 30s shows in your 40s and so forth…

So…  in my humble opinion, it’s never too early (or too late) to start using eye cream. Even in your 20’s, eye cream is a necessary to delay fine lines and wrinkles. Eye creams provide the additional moisture your delicate skin needs to stay hydrated, bright and plump!

I recently got introduced to LOVE LIFE SKIN and I’ve been enjoying their Revitalizing Eye Cream!~  Love Life Skin was developed by doctors to address the skin concerns of cancer patients going through harsh chemotherapy and radiation treatments. Because the line was created  with cancer patients in mind, it’s perfect for severely dehydrated and damaged skin, yet gentle enough for the most delicate and sensitive skin. Love Life Skin is also paraben-free, sulfate-free, and fragrance-free! PLUS, 10% of all proceeds will go to women’s cancer research! LOVE this.

My sensitive eyes usually tear up when I use products near my eyes, but this eye cream is completely fragrance free and didn’t cause any irritation. When they say fragrance-free, they mean fragrance free! The eye cream is very moisturizing and feels like a light non-greasy balm, so it’s perfect for day and night!

Love Life Skin: Revitalizing Eye Cream ($95 for 0.5 oz): This revitalizing eye cream diminishes the appearance of dark circles and hydrates the delicate eye area. Formulated with the exclusive Recovery Elixir 31, this unique formula addresses inflammation to reduce the look of dark circles with Japonica, Licorice Root and Mulberry.Goji Berry and Reishi help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while Coffee Extract reduces the look of puffiness. The fragile eye area is intensely hydrated for skin that looks smoother, refreshed and younger-looking. (available at BeautyBar.com)

Do I recommend this product? Yes. It doesn’t come cheap at $95, but there are many other eye creams out there that cost a lot more and don’t do as much. For example, I was not impressed with La Mer’s eye cream at all! Which comes as a surprise since I LOVE La Mer’s moisturizing cream and couldn’t stop gushing about it on an earlier post.

Bottom line… If you have sensitive skin and are looking for a gentle eye cream that provides ample moisture without the greasiness and irritation, give Love Life Skin a try!

Until next time, stay pretty… inside and out!

Follow and Gossip with me: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin

1. July 11, 2012 / 10:13 am

I’ve learn several good stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot effort you place to make such a great informative site.

• July 11, 2012 / 10:30 am

Thank you for visiting and commenting! It’s certainly a labor of love, but the key word is LOVE! 😉 love beauty and helping people find beauty answers and solutions!

2. March 12, 2012 / 5:28 am

i dont know why but eye cream always makes my eyes puffy. do you apply it on top of your eye or only on the bottom?

• March 12, 2012 / 9:42 am

I usually just apply under and around the outer corner of my eyes… I wonder if your eyes are getting puffy because you’re allergic to the eye creams you’ve tried (?). Maybe try one that’s super gentle and without any fragrance… ?

3. Lea
    March 10, 2012 / 4:00 pm

Hmmm, if it’s not very hydrating I guess I’ll stick with the Kate Somerville until I can find the Love Life Skin in a store (and get a sample). My whole issue is hydration, and I don’t like risking getting that dry flaky eye area again.

The Kate Somerville Cytocell eye cream is pretty great, though! I’m just always looking for something a little better… A silly thing to do when I’m pleased, but I can’t help it. It’s super gentle, though slightly greasy at first (eventually absorbs; just put it on first and by the time you’re ready to apply any eye makeup it’ll be absorbed… if not, use less!). There’s no scent as far as I can tell and I haven’t experienced any stinging. I did notice a slight decrease in my under eye circles at first, but now I’m used to it and there’s no further improvement. That being said, I’m Portugese and I haven’t ever seen anyone in my family without them (after they’re past puberty) so the fact that I saw ANY improvement is impressive; I was just disappointed when it stopped. And the hydration lasts all day. I’ve tried L’Oreal Dermo-Expertise Line Eraser Eye, Pure Retinol (pretty good), Dermalogica Intensive Eye Repair (OK), Dermalogica Total Eye Care w/ SPF 15 (not nearly enough hydration for me, even when I lived in Miami), and one other Australian brand that my Mom likes. So far, Kate Somerville wins in terms of keeping my eye area hydrated and supple and seems to be helping with fine lines as well, even in teh face of an abrupt change to a dry, cold climate.

Sorry if that’s TMI… just thought I’d give my 2 cents!

• March 11, 2012 / 2:44 pm

Thanks for your 2 cents~ I love it when readers chime in and tell me about their experiences! Please continue to read AND comment and let me know about your thoughts!! I’ll definitely have to check out Kate Somerville’s eye cream. 🙂

4. Lea
    March 9, 2012 / 2:11 pm

I am always looking for a good eye cream – I’ve used one since I was in my teens due to oddly dry skin in the eye area that flaked if I went more than 24 h without moisturizer. Back then I got the oddest looks from cashiers when I’d stock up on “line eraser” eye creams in bulk as there weren’t that many options if you wanted intense hydration. I’m thrilled to have so many more options now (especially as I’m closing in on 30 and actually need it to diminish those lines and circles) and love the sound of this cream – it check off every box on the list… except for the price tag 🙁 I’ll still probably try it, though, as I’m currently using Kate Somerville’s CytoCell, which isn’t that much cheaper and doesn’t seem to be doing much other than keeping the area hydrated. That being said, I do like that the Kate Somerville product keeps my eye area is well hydrated, even in a dry climate (many other products have failed this “simple” test). Are you familiar with the product? If so, how does it compare to the Love Life Skin eye cream?

• March 9, 2012 / 2:20 pm

HI!~ I haven’t tried Kate Somerville’s eye cream, but now you’ve got me curious. I may have to stroll over to a mall and pick one up. Love Life Skin is not the most hydrating eye cream I’ve used in the past, but it did provide me enough hydration. Not sure just how your skin is… but this may be a good option. The texture of the eye cream is more like a creamy balm… but isn’t greasy at all. I like it a lot because I have sensitive skin and eyes and it didn’t irritate them. 🙂 Keep visiting and gossiping with me!~ Have a great weekend! xoxo.