Garnier is a drugstore brand that’s been earning a lot of brownie points lately. I purchased Garnier BB Cream a few months back and was quite impressed. Now, I’m using their “The Brusher Microbead Cleanser” and I’m quite happy with it too!~
For those of you that know me… I’m a bit obsessed about skincare and NEVER go to bed without cleansing my face… so I’m always happy to find a new cleanser that leaves my skin feeling clean and comfy!
Garnier’s The Brusher Microbead Cleanser is a unique daily cleanser with a soft exfoliating brush + purifying gel with refining microbeads to deep clean pores and lift out impurities. (about $8 for 5 oz)
To Use: Twist The Brusher counterclockwise to open. Turn upside down and squeeze bottle to release gel. Twist to close. Hold The Brusher under running water. Gently massage into face in circular motions, excluding the eye area. Rinse face with water. Rinse brush and store with cap on.
Here are my observations:
- Ease of use: It seems like the directions are complicated, but it’s really not. You just twist the cap, squeeze and twist the cap back.
The first thing I noticed about this brush cleanser is how soft the bristles are. The bristles are a very soft rubber material and was very gentle on the skin.
- Formula: I have dry and sensitive skin, but surprisingly… the bristles and the gel formula didn’t irritate or dry my skin. The gel is very watery and suds up quickly. There are tiny round microbeads within the formula, so no worries about them causing tears on the skin.
- Effectiveness: My skin felt clean and soft without feeling dry. Honestly, I’m not sure how helpful the bristles are… but it’s a fun way to break up the monotony of cleansing your face. Gimmicky or not, the brush makes it a little more interesting and fun so I’ll take it!
- Value: About $8 for 5 oz, I think it’s a great value.
- Smell: Pleasant and refreshing smell.
The formula foams up easily and quickly. Due to the brush and super sudsy formula, it’s a bit messy to use compared to other exfoliators. I keep mine in the shower and use it once a week.
Overall: I’m happy with this brush cleanser. I use it once (twice at most) per week. For oilier or non sensitive skin, you could probably use it on a daily basis since the formula is gentle. also, like I mentioned before… it’s kind of a fun and different way to cleanse your face. 😉
Have you tried this product? Let me know your thoughts!~
Until next time, stay pretty… inside and out.