Yes, another review on a BB Cream. Why am I so obsessed with BB Creams? Well… in my opinion, BB Creams are the perfect blend between a makeup and skin care product!
Not only does it offer sheer coverage, but BB Creams usually offer skin care benefits like: hydration, antioxidants, vitamins, brightening agents, anti-aging ingredients and even SPF (depending on the product).
If you’re looking for a BB Cream, I’m glad you’re reading this review… but check out my other reviews as well, so you can choose one that’s best for you.
Now, let’s take a look at Estee Lauder’s DayWear Anti-Oxidant Beauty Benefit Creme SPF 35.
All at once. Moisture, protection and flawless perfection. Plus the most effective anti-oxidant power ever. This lightweight creme delivers: An instant, even-toned, healthy look. Powerful protection with our proven Super Anti-Oxidant Complex and SPF 35. High-performance, oil-free hydration. Helps to control excess surface oil. Available in 2 shades to suit a wide range of skin tones. ($38)
Here are my observations:
- Smell: Pleasant cucumber smell.
- Consistency: Thick, so feels like a cream. Due to the thickness, I found it a bit difficult to apply and spread over my skin. If you take a good look at the after picture below, you’ll notice that some blotches where the cream did not spread over my skin. After some more experimentation, the trick is to use very little of the cream so it can absorb into the skin.
- Coverage: Even though the cream is on the thicker side, the coverage is pretty sheer and natural. It smoothed out some of the unevenness in my skin, but did not completely cover them up. I personally like sheer coverage, so the coverage it provided was enough. If you’re looking for a fuller coverage, I would recommend Smashbox’s BB cream or a straight foundation.
- SPF: SPF of 35! Love it.
- Color: Available in 2 shades: Light and Medium. I got light which surprisingly was a good match.
- Moisture: It’s more moisturizing than most of the other BB creams I’ve tried which is great for dry skin, but might be a bit much for combination to oily skin types.
Overall, this is a great first attempt by Estee Lauder. I’d love to see them offer more shades as well as a lighter (consistency) formula for oilier skin types.
I would recommend this BB Cream to beauties with light to medium skin tones and dry skin who are looking for some sheer coverage with the added benefits of Estee Lauder’s Daywear super anti-oxidant complex. The SPF is also a great added bonus.
Hope this is helpful. What BB Creams have you tried?!