I Tattooed My Eyebrows!

// UPDATE 8/3/15 :: Read my tattoo touch up post here! //

I tattooed my eyebrows! After years of researching, I had finally found the perfect tattoo artist who came referred to me by 2 separate reliable sources, and after meeting her… I knew she was the one and it was the right time.

I’ve been meaning to write a post on brow tattoos for some time now. After reading so many recent posts/articles on eyebrow tattoos… it just seemed like the perfect time to share my experience and story. There seems to be still a lot of fear and misunderstandings of WHAT and HOW a brow tattoo should be. I hope to help people who are considering getting a brow tattoo with this post, so please don’t be shy in sharing this post!

Here’s WHY I wanted to get this done and WHAT I was looking to achieve.

Browless Mona Lisa.

• Full brows are a sign of youth and they help frame the face. I was born with VERY sparse eyebrows and have always envied people with full brows. I was practically browless like the Mona Lisa herself, except my portrait isn’t at the Louvre and sought out by millions all around the world! πŸ™
  • It may come as a surprise, but I don’t wear makeup most days. It was super important that my brows looked natural enough for all my makeup free days.
  • I wanted a semi-permanent solution. πŸ™‚ Wasn’t looking for a lifelong commitment.

What’s there to fear?

1. Tattoos are permanent! What if I want to change the shape of my brows? What if my brows start to sag with age? What if I color my hair?
  2. Some brow tattoos are so unnatural looking. Looks like someone took a generic eyebrow stamp and stamped her face regardless of shape, size or even color! This picture is from Refinery29 and Michelle‘s post. Frightening, right?
  3. Tattoos can change into a weird gray/green color over time. Asians have been tattooing eyebrows and eyeliners for decades now, so many early adapters (aka moms and grandmas) are often left with strangely shaped and colored eyebrows. The picture below is not the worst I’ve seen it, but it’s a picture I saved a while back to remind me of what NOT to do.

So what made me change my mind?

1. Semi permanent is key. Options like semi permanent ink! Honestly, I don’t think I’ll be drastically changing my brows since I’m going with “my” natural brow look… but it’s nice to know that the ink will fade within 1-2 years just in case I have a change of heart or decide to follow a brow trend.
  2. No more stamped look. In the past, tattooed brows were filled in completely making it look solid and unnatural. These days, tiny individual hair strands are drawn in to mimic your own brow hair, resulting in a very natural and enhanced look! It gives the illusion of fuller, longer, and/or more shapely brows.
  3. Looks so natural, no one knows I had it done! The key to natural looking eyebrows is to not get greedy with it. My tattoo artist kept telling me… “I’ll do 80% so it looks natural, you have to draw in 20% if you want it to look perfectly done.” I couldn’t agree with her more. Contrary to what most people may think… a tattooed eyebrow shouldn’t look completed. Nobody’s eyebrows are naturally 100% perfect!
  4. Fades before changing colors. Never will I have a blue/gray tattoo on my face. The ink used is a high-grade semi permanent ink, so the ink will fade away before it ever changes colors. Also, the inks are so much better than what they used to use, the blue/gray discoloration shouldn’t happen even if the tattoo was permanent. But still… semi permanent is key, JUST in case. πŸ™‚

Finally the BEFORE and AFTER photos! Here goes! *Note: I got the brow tattoo before I started blogging, so I didn’t take many before, 5 minutes after, and few weeks after photos! Sorry the lighting in the photos are so inconsistent.

Whimpy and bare. Looks like I over plucked, but I promise I didn’t! Just born that way.

Va Va Va Voom!~ Within 5 minutes, I had a fuller look! Not gonna lie, there was some pain involved. πŸ™ I was told that the tattoo would get lighter in the next few weeks which it did. See the next photo.

I went in for my 2nd session a few weeks after my initial session. The tattoo lighten up as expected so I wanted to get it retouched. I asked my tattoo artist to lengthen the ends just a tad.

You can see that the tattoo still looks natural.

BEFORE AND AFTER, side by side.

Left Brow: Notice how the tattoo helps enhance and SHAPE my brows?! Love.

Just my right brow this time. The tattoo FILLS in the bald spots of my brow!

COST?: I went to a Sherri’s Studio in Los Angeles (please tell her PrettyGossip sent you). Her English is not great, so if you have a Korean speaking friend handy, I suggest you take her along! I think it cost me between $250 and 300 (can’t remember the exact price), including the 2nd session. Totally worth it. A brow salon like BrowHaus charges up to $900, and touch ups are $195. Wow. That’s super expensive for a tattoo the size of 2 brows. I highly recommend Sherri, but please check out a couple of other places before deciding. You have to make an informed decision that’s right for you and your brows! Oh, and if you find an awesome one in your community, please comment below and share your experience for others to read!

AFTER CARE?: Scabbing can occur as with any tattoo. I didn’t scab much, but I made sure to apply Vaseline every night, stayed out of the sun + pool, and didn’t apply makeup until the skin had fully healed. Once healed, there’s not much to do. I just make sure to apply sunblock to my brows, along with the rest of my face and neck.

CONSIDER THESE BEFORE GETTING A EYEBROW TATTOO!

• Make sure to research until you find a tattoo artist you completely trust and feel comfortable with. My search spanned over almost 5 years and many visits! The artist you select should specialize in semi-permanent and permanent makeup, and be sure to check out their portfolio. Your face is at stake, so take the time to get all the facts.
  • I only recommend semi permanent tattoo for your brows. You never know when/if your preference change, and even though you might not want to think about it… your skin and brows will sag and shift with age. πŸ™
  • I can’t stress this point enough, but go for a natural look (aka: tiny individual hair strands drawn versus a stamped look). Think of the times you won’t be wearing any makeup.. you don’t want your brows to stand out! You’re goal should be to enhance your natural brow look, not complete it.
  • If you have full brows… 1) I’m jealous. 2) Thank the eyebrow angels and don’t get a tattoo. You don’t need it. πŸ™‚
  • This is a great solution for people who are tired of looking like the Mona Lisa, in or around water a lot, have trouble drawing in brows due to motor difficulty or even poor eyesight!

Mona Lisa with Brows!

CONCLUSION: I’m super happy I got my eyebrows tattooed. I’m also glad I took the time to find the perfect tattoo artist and that I waited until I was completely comfortable with all aspects of the procedure (semi permanent, drawing method). No regrets for sure. I will be going back in probably in a few months to get them touched up, and I’ll be sure to share those photos as well.

Hooray to natural looking eyebrow tattoos! I never have to fill in my brows or worry about them smudging off… Ever! ~

So… what do you think? Would you consider getting your eyebrows tattooed? Let me know in the comments below~ I love hearing from you. Oh… and please share this post with anyone who might be considering getting a brow tattoo! xo

If you have any questions, leave me a comment below or tweet me!~ Until next time, stay pretty… inside and out.

// UPDATE 8/3/15 :: Read my tattoo touch up post here! //

Follow and gossip with me on:

1. Loren Friedman
    June 16, 2016 / 10:06 am

Anyone know anyone who does exceptional natural brow tattooing in Broward County Florida?

2. May 17, 2016 / 9:10 pm

Hi Ladies, Today I tattooed my eyebrows and love the result. I’m worried that I’m scheduled for water activities in 4 days and have to attend (fam mini vacI. What can I do to protect my eyebrow?

• May 17, 2016 / 10:29 pm

I would be careful not to get it infected. Probably a good idea to keep out of the sun 😬 Once it heals, lots of sunblock!!!

3. April 15, 2016 / 11:04 am

I did my lips and eyebrows cosmetically tattoo. Ii is really cool- when you wake up in the morning and confident and know that I look good. When you visit a salon that offers cosmetic tattooing, they usually have a book of before and after photos, demonstrating how the procedure has enhanced previously plain facial features. I advice you look and choice some picture http://tattoo-journal.com/25-b… before go to artist. Wish you always be beautiful

4. barbara
    March 4, 2016 / 6:11 pm

I had my brows tattooed Sept, 2015 and inside of 6 weeks they had faded immeasurably. Lovely shape and beaut from day 1.,,,,the exact colour that I wanted them to stay. The artist said that people who bleed during the process have a difficult time retaining the colour. Is this the case? It was an exceptionally painful process.
    Here it is barely 6months later and they need to be redone. Time to consider a new artist or…. Your comments are appreciated.

• March 5, 2016 / 4:44 am

Yes. When they bleed too much during the procedure the color dosnt go in as well. Stoo taking anything that thins the blood a couple of weeks before the procedure.

5. Robin
    December 13, 2015 / 1:44 pm

Looking for someone in Atlanta Ga to do my brows…. I have aleipecia and have no eyebrows or hair… Wigs I can find drawing on eyebrows eveyday isnt… Please email me if you know of a good place

6. November 28, 2015 / 3:01 am

Thank you for sharing this great information about semi/ permanent makeup.I love the outcome. ..it’s looks so natural which us why feather stroke is popular because the brow artist carefully draw or design hair by hair. Btw..I happened to be one of the permanent makeup artist. So, ladies…if you’re in Los Angeles area specifically in Orange County. Please feel fee to call our Wellness Center 714.236.9355. We offer 3D Embroidery/ Feather Hair stroke brows.
    We are more than happy to enhance your brows naturally. Let’s us start helping people who are struggling shaping their brows each day. Looking forward to taking care of you. God bless.

7. Sandy
    October 23, 2015 / 9:03 am

If anyone from the San Francisco Bay Area is reading this, I highly highly recommend Shirley at Beauty Wand in Millbrae. She offers “embroidery” not tattoo which follows the lines of your hair growth on your brows and is very soft and natural.

8. Rachel Solger
    August 27, 2015 / 8:50 am

I don’t have any eyebrows due to over plucking . I have weak unsteady hands and would love to get my eyebrows done. Any recommendations of tattoo professionals in the Homewood/Flossmore , Illinois area ?

• April 23, 2016 / 12:33 pm

Hi Rachel! I offer semi permanent brow tattooing at my spa in Chicago! If you’re still looking to have your brows done, please check out my Facebook page for photos of my work! Thanks!

• Sara
        June 3, 2016 / 4:33 pm

Hi my name Sara I would love to check it out ur salon I really want eyebrow tattoo

9. August 13, 2015 / 8:27 am

I am a permanent makeup technician in upstate NY, the Hudson Valley area. In Europe they call it Semi Permanent, and here in the states we call it Permanent Makeup, but it’s all the same thing. Permanent make does fade some over the years, but getting it freshened up over time is easy. Feel free to ask me any questions and also check out my website! Thanks!

10. August 13, 2015 / 8:01 am

I am a permanent makeup technician in upstate Hudson Valley NY. In this country we call it permanent makeup, in Europe they call it semi permanent, but it’s actually all the same thing. Permanent makeup does fade some over time, but getting it refreshed over the years is easy. I specialize it the hair stroke method for brows giving them a beautiful natural look of hair. Permanent makeup has come a long way over the years, check out my website, I’m happy to answer any questions you may have.

• Gloria
      August 14, 2015 / 6:19 pm

yes hello Dina about 13 years ago I had my eyebrows done I was really not happy with them because after 5 months later they turn a like pink. so I went back to tell the lady but it didn’t change any cause they looked the same!! Any way my question is if I go to another person to Tattoo my eyebrows again is there any way that they can do it to look brown?? or what should I do so they can mix the colors right??I do have a lot of red pigmention in my skin .

• Nikki
        November 13, 2015 / 11:49 am

Hello Gloria, I had my eyebrows done in 2007. After the I had them done they faded quickly and turned pink. I thought maybe the first person did something wrong and I had them touched up by a different person. And again they turned pink. The cosmetologist that did them the second time went on a mission to find out what was going on and discovered that some people react to the iron in the cosmetic ink. The body attacks it and carries it away; leaving the area pink. She found an organic pigment with no iron and did them a third time. They did not turn pink again. I am ready for a touch up as the color has faded with time, but the pink issue was fixed. You might want to try finding someone who can get organic or low iron ink. Best wishes!

11. August 8, 2015 / 8:06 am

The way to avoid the black ink turning into green over the years is to ad a bit of midnight blue ink to the black. Works great on Latino skin. If you’re going to get permenant eye brows or anything with black ink, especially on your face, ask your artist/technician if they know about this trick.

• sherry
      August 10, 2015 / 9:40 am

Black ink already has blue in it. The color only turns green if you have a lot of yellow in your skin. Plus black shouldnt be used anyway unless their skin is extremely dark. I will a little to brown but very little. You dont need much. Actually most brows will fade to a grey or bluish shade if the color isnt warm enough. Brown colors are cool but not as much as black.

12. May 15, 2015 / 7:31 am

Is there any in South Carolina you know of that is as good as you are(amazing). Will never come to New York but will love to have my brows permanently done due to thinning. Thank you.

13. May 6, 2015 / 2:25 pm

I have been battling this decision for some time now but I think I am convinced after reading your story. Thanks! This tattoo stuff is all new to me so with that said, does anyone know of an excellent artist in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle? Thanks.

• May 6, 2015 / 7:07 pm

So happy I was able to help! Just remember, find someone who will do a natural job. good luck!!!!

14. Lottery
    April 30, 2015 / 12:07 am

I live in northern NJ & i would like ti get my eyebrows done with henna can anybody refer me to a place that they went to and have good reviews about

15. Erica
    April 28, 2015 / 10:55 pm

I live in northern NJ & i would like to get my eyebrows done with henna can anybody refer me to a place that they went to and have good reviews about

16. Noof
    April 7, 2015 / 12:00 pm

Hi dear I want to ask you about the semi permanent ink tattoo is it really faded completely after time there no need for leaser to remove it completely
    Becouse I just do my eyebrow semi tattooed and I don’t like πŸ™ and I don’t know what to do plz I need to hear from u

17. robin
    February 26, 2015 / 6:41 pm

Where in ky can I find someone who does semi-perm.? I need rgis in my life asap! Please tell me there is someone close to me?! I live near Louisville.

• christy
      March 14, 2015 / 2:52 pm

Did you f8nd anyone in *ky? I am looking also

18. January 22, 2015 / 4:46 pm

Looks wonderful!!! And more importantly, natural

• January 27, 2015 / 8:46 pm

Thank you! That’s what I was going for so I was very happy with the results! Thanks for visiting and for the comment. xo

• LanaGia
        April 17, 2015 / 7:05 am

HELP! I had my eyebrows done 2 weeks ago today. According to the info sheet the aesthetician gave me, what I see now is the end product. WHAT A DISASTER! She must have used two colors because there is a definite dark gray in some areas and a medium brown in others. WORSE YET – it looks like I have tried to fill in my eyebrows with magic markers! EVEN WORSE is that she did not stay within my natural brow line and those long “magic marker” strokes are up on the outer corners of my brow bones where hair doesn’t even grow. Look up Joan Crawford, and you’ll get the idea. Short of a laser, does anyone have any ideas about how I can fade these caterpillars on my forehead??? Thank you.
        4-17-15

• Irene
          September 2, 2015 / 9:56 am

OMG….sounds like mine…I have an anxiety attack every time I look in the mirror….I will be going to a dermatologist to see if they can (laser) remove them..worst mistake i ever made…did anyone tell you if they could be faded?

19. Hope
    January 22, 2015 / 12:13 pm

Been thinking about getting my eyebrows tattooed but scared. I have severals spots that will not grow hair. I have made an appointment with a lady in Houston at beauty techniques. Does anyone know her work?

20. Kimberly Roberts
    January 12, 2015 / 1:03 pm

I have line by line eyebrows, full lip and eyebrow tattoo. They need to be refilled. I live in Southern N.H. – have any names of people to recolor my Tattoos?

21. Leslie
    December 26, 2014 / 10:20 am

Hi I am reading that a lot of you are experiencing dicolored brows this is due to the fact that when the pigment fades the largest molecule is left which is the base color blue,grey,orange and pinks this can be corrected with a modifier, however if you have had a few touch ups then you will have to have some of the pigment removed the skin is very thin and only has so much room that is why if you are just getting touch ups on it the base color keeps coming thru in 6 months or less. You can have the pigment removed either by laser or saline, the good news is if the shape is good you don’t have to have the entire brow removed just enough to make room for the modifier and new pigment. I know this as I am a board certified permanent makeup artist and medical tattooist and do this work all the time with beautiful results. You can check it out on instagram @ Lesliesmarkofbeauty

22. Leslie
    December 26, 2014 / 9:57 am

I am a permanent makeup artist and I am reading that a lot of you are having your colors fade to blues,greys ,pinks and oranges this is not all that unusually as what happens when pigments fade the largest molecule is left which would be your base color and these can be corrected with modifiers. However, if your brows have been touched up several times you need to have some of the pigment removed as there is only so much room in the skin, that is why when you are getting them touched up the base color is coming thru again in less than 6 months. You can have the pigment removed either removed either by laser or saline, if the shape is good there is no need to have them completely removed just enough to make room for modifier and new pigment.I do this all the time with beautiful results you can see the results on instagram @ Lesliesmarkofbeauty

23. Sonjia Nelson
    September 25, 2014 / 9:51 pm

Please help . I got my eyebrows a few years ago they not even , and a shade of red. I have salt & pepper hair and I see that they do look bad. If I could make app with u I would appreciate it . Thank you so much sonjia

• Connie
      September 26, 2014 / 4:59 pm

What city do you live in? Maybe other posters know the area?

24. withwhatyougot
    July 29, 2014 / 12:55 pm

my eyebrow tattoos are classic. had them for 30 years now and not blue.. not faded and don’t look like decals about to peel off.

do your research, hon.

have a nice day.

25. Candy
    July 6, 2014 / 8:46 am

I have no eyebrows due to chemo and am also taking Synthroid for a thyroid condition. I am permanently on chemo due to stage 4 cancer. I also have no eyelashes and very little hair. I want to feel better about myself and I know having eyebrows would greatly help. I try drawing them on, but I am not very good at it. I live in Stockton, CA (San Joaquin County) in Northern California and would love a referral for a qualified permanent/semi-permanent makeup artist willing to take me on. Anyone out there?

• Sarah
      December 9, 2014 / 12:09 am

Check out Joanne Hinh! She’s in the concord area of NorCal!

26. Tamarind
    July 3, 2014 / 10:53 am

I’m glad that I found your information. When searching on brow solutions, most of the answers have to do with brows that were once OK but got over-tweezed. Finally something about naturally invisible brows.

Anyway, what have you heard about brow serums. Some people have been using Latisse “off label” on their brows. It’s active ingredient is Bimatoprost.

Latisse is expensive but I see on the internet that people are also having great success with XLash Eyelash Enhancer. I know it has Lash in the name, but it can make hair growth on the brows according to InvisiBrows who have tried it. Just put it on the brows where you want hair. I think it’s on Amazon for $49+.

I wish readers would write in with their experiences.

XLash does not list Bimatoprost (a prostaglandin) in its ingredients, BUT…. I searched online and found . . . . “The Swedish Medical Products Agency’s analyses of eyelash serums/eyelash growth products have now been completed. Prostaglandin analogues were found in as many as nine of the 26 products in total. IN THREE OF THE PRODUCTS PROSTAGLANDIN ANALOGUES WERE NOT DECLARED on the packaging. Prostaglandin analogues are added to stimulate eyelash and eyebrow growth.”

Xlash Eyelash Enhancer is in the chart provided as containing Bimatoprost but not declaring it in the contents.

Latisse is “Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution 0.03% for Hypotrichosis”. This is as of Monday, April 15, 2013, so the company that makes Xlash may have changed its formula. The website the article is on is http://www.lakemedelsverket.se.

Also, this is only 3 mL, or 1/10 ounce.

Then women have has great success with M2Brows Reneving Serum (5 mL) for $132. But it uses a different prostaglandin than Latisse and XLash.

With either, everyone keeps saying you have to keep up with it for weeks and weeks.

ALSO, I wish I could find reviews of expresscheapgeneric.com (Express Cheap Generic) because they have 3 mL of “Generic equivalent to XLash” for $14.90, but I don’t want to waste 8 weeks of applications if it’s junk. Anyone use that site?

• Connie
      September 26, 2014 / 6:54 pm

Following up on my last post, I ended up getting no-name rogaine for my eyebrows. I guess that this won’t work for people who’ve had chemotherapy, but for people with genetically insufficient brows or those who overplucked, it can increase the number of hairs – NOT like Brook Shields or Cara Delevingne, but enough extra hairs. If the hairs were very light before, they will probably still be very light, but then you will have something to dye.

Anyway, I used Walmart’s
      Equate brand:
      Extra Strength,
      Minoxidil Topical Solution USP 5%,
      Hair Regrowth Treatment,
      For Men,
      “one month supply” (it’s really more),
      2 FL OZ,
      60 mL
      (Price: a little over $10)

I think the box says that it’s specifically NOT for women, but many youtube women are using it without problems and I saw a video by a doctor on youtube who said that the 5% solution is no problem for women.

Youtube uploaders have elaborate methods for applying it (twice per day) but I was also trying to make brow hairs grow above where my usual brow line is. I think my brows are too low. This will not happen.

Here is a semi-elaborate method on youtube:
      the1nonlymaria (“n” not “and”)
      ” How To Grow Your Eyebrows Fast *Worked For Me* ”

I personally just take two cotton swabs that are made with plastic/non-absorbant sticks, not the cardboard sticks. With freshly washed hands, dunk one swab in the bottle and you can just smear it back and forth over your brow, or the area that’s thin. Don’t double dip, throw it away. Take the second swab and dunk it and do the other eyebrow. I would use a light scrubbing motion and slather it all over, but if this makes that skin itchy, use a more gentle method. I also slightly extended the application area into the area between my brows and also a little past the outside line of my brows (the temple side). This did add a few hairs in each direction. No new hairs grew in the area above, as I was trying.

When you are new to this, your brows will itch a little. Keep a pointy buy not sharp tool nearby all day. I used wooden mini skewers. But you have to keep them clean. Just lightly jab at the itchy point, but don’t scrape.

As I got near the end of the bottle, I started double dipping with just one swab, and triple dipping and quadruple dipping. I figured that if the solution got contaminated, I was near the end anyway.

Once you get some new hairs you may want them darker. I go back and forth between dyes. Eylure DyBrow in dark brown has to be ordered from the internet. I also use Just For Men Mustache & Beard on my eyebrows. There are youtube videos for these two also. Search both “brows” and “eyebrows”.

NayDangerStyle has a youtube video called:
      “How to Dye Your Eyebrows PERFECTLY How to have perfect brows”

Unlike other posters, she puts vaseline even on the skin under the hairs to be dyed.
      Most people can’t find the dye she uses in their brick and mortar beauty supply stores and have to order it online from Amazon or internet beauty supply sites:
      Wella Koleston

Your first time dyeing, do it when you have the next couple of days off, in case you goof and end up dyeing you skin.

Once you get new growth, yes, you will have to keep applying Minoxidil for the rest of your life, but less frequently – once every day or two.

I was going to get my brows semi-permanently tattooed, but now I’m happy with my Minoxidil and dye routine.

27. [email protected]
    May 30, 2014 / 3:42 pm

So what if you have 28 ‘real’ tattoos. This was about eyebrows and I see a big difference. You’re the one critizing when people look at your dumb and meaningless tattoos as a waste of time and money . Think before you write negative comments idiot

28. March 21, 2014 / 7:12 pm

I’m sorry to hear about the bad results. I had bad brows done several years ago also, but I have since become a permanent makeup technician myself and have been fixing them myself. There’s a difference between the use of ‘tattoo ink’ and ‘pigments’, is the molecular size. Pigments (not tattoo INK) are specially formulated for the face. Tattoo ink contains carbon which is what makes it turn blue/green, that’s what was done to me, ugly! There are brand new pigments recently developed with a matching molecular size to color correct INK. There are also beautiful colors that will easily correct brown brows that faded to peach/pink shade. I’m in NY and would be happy to help with questions and I can also be contacted through my website: http://www.permanentmakeupbydina.com When the work is done correctly it can be very beautiful. I hope this info helped!
    Dina~Hello Gorgeous Permanent Makeup

29. Lisa
    February 16, 2014 / 1:32 pm

I have thick healthy eyebrows but noticed that one was thinning at the top compared to the rest. I decided to have it filled in and shaped to match the other one. I loved the result at first but within a few days it started turning blue/green. Long story short the tattoo artist tried unsuccessfully to correct the pigment issue 4 times & failed miserably. The nice hair like lines are a block of ugly blue color. I don’t know what to do lazer removal vs try someone else. Eyebrow filler doesn’t work to correct the blue tone just shows through. I am a minimalist when it comes to makeup so it really stands out. Wish I would have never messed with them.

30. February 2, 2014 / 3:36 pm

Sorry but I think it is a complete waste of time and money and I see very little difference in your pictures that make it worth it. And I love “real tattoos” – I have 28 of them.

31. Aicha
    January 7, 2014 / 8:18 pm

Patricia,
    In the DC area there is Pro Tanning & Nails, ask for Moon. 410-766-7087. She’s fabulous.

32. December 22, 2013 / 11:57 pm

Honestly I think your eyebrows look incredible. I got mine done by my mom’s friend and they came out horrible. I then had to go through the very painful process of getting them removed. I vowed I would never get anything tattooed on my face again, but your experience is making me take back that promise.

Even more fortunate for me is the fact that I live in Arcadia, so going to Koreatown to see Sherri is not a problem for me. Thanks for sharing your experience.

• December 28, 2013 / 3:50 am

So sorry to hear you didn’t like your brows. I think the key is to look as natural as possible even if it borders on being too light. You can always get it darkened. Good luck and let me know how it turns out!!!

• April 4, 2014 / 6:54 am

I’m a black female age 44 trying to find the best solution for my eyebrows that are half gone the outter brow area. After years of plucking, shaving, waxing I have half brows. Must pencil in daily, which is time consuming, always smudges. Now doing my homework to find the best makeup tattoo artist for me. Not to many artist with before & after shots of black clients that i’ve found. Do the method & follow ups vary for different skin tones from light to darker skin. The semi permanent is what I’m leaning towards for my eye brows & permanent for the eyeliner on my upper eyelid only. What do you suggest on that?

Im currently communicating with a artist who says she requires consult to do ink skin test on area of interest, then client returns in two weeks to do procedure, returning 5 weeks from that point for folllow-up. done.

Thanks for your information, it’s a great starting point for me!

• March 5, 2015 / 1:16 pm

My name is Elyse and I had my eyebrows tattooed a few days ago. Looking for the best 3D Hair Stroke in or around Houston, Texas? Tinas Permanent Make Up located is 9590 Jones Road, Suite 1A, Houston, Texas is AWESOME! I’m a 47 year old caramel complected African American female with bleached platinum blond hair. After decades of over plucking, waxing and tweezing plus a scar in the hair line of my right eye (childhood accident) I was looking for a fuller more youthful look with my brows. I admit I hesitated about getting the 3D Hair Stroke. Why? 1) Cost and 2) PERMANENT. But when I added up the cost of pencils, brow powders, and the embarrassment of rubbing off my ‘eyebrows’ accidentally in public I decided to CowGirl-Up and do the damn thing! Tinas was so intuitive to what I needed, wanted and what would look good on my face shape. I have to say that I am so thankful that I did it. I have been getting compliments since I got my eyebrows done. I feel better about my self and would recommend Tina’s Permanent Make Up to anyone in the area. You won’t be sorry.

• April 15, 2014 / 1:54 pm

Your eyebrows look great and natural. Really nice!! I actually went to Sherri based on this article and it was TERRIBLE!! I also have light eyebrows and I walked out looking like a surprised angry drag queen. My friends I saw that night were really surprised at my new look considering I’m someone who doesn’t wear make up. I look like I drew my brows in with a crayon. I’m hoping I can scrub them off – I was hoping for something subtle like you. I don’t know if Sherri was in a rush because when I showed up for my appointment there were three people ahead of me still.

33. dominique
    December 1, 2013 / 10:36 am

I’m sorry, but I don’t think it made that much of a difference. I’m glad you are happy with the end result though.

• sherry
      December 2, 2013 / 4:02 pm

I agree. If I tattooed a clients brows that light, they would complain that they didn’t take, or too light. But, if your happy, that’s all that counts.

34. November 7, 2013 / 11:06 am

Can you tell me what , product or other eyebrow coloring tattooing technique, or any solution to get rid of the grey brow color? Any and all answers and solutions will be great! Please answer ASAPβ˜…β˜…β˜… THANKS Sherry

• sherry
      November 8, 2013 / 12:47 pm

Were they grey from the beginning, or did they fade to grey?

35. BichMac
    October 26, 2013 / 8:50 pm

Wow, not many people talk about brow tattoos, but I see them on a lot of people. It feels like a taboo so I’m glad you brought it up. I got mine done when I was really young due to a shedding problem I had with the hairs on my head so I lost so much of my brows that I almost looked bare. Over the years, the problem improved and my hair grew back. Since I did it back then I actually have the problem of the unnatural looking/discolouration, but I fix it by filling in my brows like everyone. I find that even though it is tattooed in I can still slightly change the shape and depth of colour by using powder to fill it in. It’s make up right? I always find that if I don’t like anything I can always take it off and start over!

• Val
      October 31, 2013 / 12:24 pm

It really looks like you did your due diligence. You helped calm “some” of my fears. More importantly, you gave me a tool to refer to when I start my search for a artist. BTW: Any referrals for New York City? I see others have asked and didn’t see your reply. Thx.

• November 2, 2013 / 4:19 pm

Thanks for visiting and the comment. Glad my experience answer some questions. I don’t know anyone in NY… But hopefully someone from NY will see your comment and be able to give a recommendation! Let us know if you find someone good! Xo

• March 3, 2014 / 1:02 pm

It’s good to find someone with tattoos already and question them about the artist they used, and look at their tattoos , see if you like the work. If you can just find one person who will refer you, then you might get referrals from those people. I happened to come across a lady who’d had her eyebrows tattooed and they looked very natural, nicely colored and well applied. I would not have even thought them to be tattoos. I went to this same artist to have mine done. I have stood in front of people and asked them to look at my tattoos, didn’t tell them where to look, they could never figure out where they were even when given the clue, “They are right in front of your eyes.” over and over and over. Finally I have to tell them what to look at. So I consider that good work. The artist was a 69 year old retired woman who worked by appointment only, when she wanted to work and did it because she simply loves doing it and said the moment that she did not see that she was doing the same quality of work that always did, she would quit. Since she loves doing it, she probably won’t quit except for some kind of health reason that makes her hands unsteady. It was a great experience

36. Kiva
    October 14, 2013 / 1:23 pm

Thank you so much for this blog. I’ve been penciling in my brows for some time now. They always look so good, but I’m tired of having to do it everyday. I deff want to have mine tattooed. I live in NY (metro area) so I hope user Maryann can refer me.

37. October 3, 2013 / 8:08 pm

Hi! My husband wanted me to get two tattoos, so I am not a stranger to that operation.
    A couple of months ago I had my eyebrows done in (pure) black (I always dye my hair black too), at he same session had eyeliners done. That was not all, my lips now are full and red with a drark liner. At first it scared me when I looked in the mirror. But now I got used to my new face and like it! Most of all, because my husband is totally in love with me again! He is extremely excited about it! And I so love to please him!
    A happy Eleonor.

38. September 7, 2013 / 5:27 pm

Hi my eyebrows were tatood when I was 50 and now I am 69 and that horrible color gray and what ever was suppose to be taupe, I had dark brown hair but no eyebrows from the 60’s when we shaved them, is there anything out there that I can use.? Mally’s has some eyebrow stuff but I don’t know what to do, and the color would be hard to know what to get. My dark brown hair is now reddish brown with red highlights love the color but hate my gray brows or line or what ever it is now just very little hair. Please help me Pat I now am living back home in Ky. this was done in Fla. thanks again waiting with batting breath to get my eyebrows back. I really don’t want to have them tattoed again. Pat

• cARLA
      October 27, 2013 / 6:17 pm

Pat Hanson, did you know that Bob Dutchman is looking for you?
      Assuming that you are the right Pat of course.
      Lord Nelson, Hopatkong. Parsippany, etc.
      Eleonor

39. Lyla
    September 7, 2013 / 2:00 pm

I’d love to have mine done but I live in the middle of Iowa and can’t travel (disabled). Does anyone know of a place in Iowa? This article is the best!

• Stephanie
      December 8, 2013 / 6:51 am

Lyla did you ever get your eyebrows done? I live in Des Moines and want mine done too.

40. Lee
    August 27, 2013 / 7:00 pm

I had mine done years ago and have had touch ups over the years. I noticed a few months ago that they looked blue, when I went back to have them done again I was told it was because I was suffering from an iron deficiency. My mother and I both had them done again and was charged of course, went back last week for some correction in length and mine were turning blue again but she claims she lighted the color and charged us again. What do I do. I am in Northern New Jersey.

• September 5, 2013 / 8:43 am

The color brown has blue in it. The technician should know what shade of brown to use for the tone of skin. There are warm tones and cool tones. If its too cool (blue), the brown color will fade to blue over time. If you have a thyroid problem, and take synthroid, it will make the tattoo turn a cool color also. Once the blue is there, its always there until it fades away. You can correct it, but eventually it will appear again as the corrective color fades away. Blue is the most dense color. That’s why it is used in black. Did you ever notice how the outline of body art fades to a blue color? Someone also commented about using semi-permanent ink. (there is no such thing) A tattoo is permanent. Lighter colors just fade faster. All tattoos fade.

• Lyla
        September 7, 2013 / 1:57 pm

Thanks Sherry. Tattoos seem to fade to blue so quickly and I always wondered why.

41. MaryAnn
    August 18, 2013 / 11:19 am

I just had my eye rows done by a professional in Manhattan by reading these posts. It was semi permanent” meaning it lasts for about 3 years because your skin naturally sheds, and you have to follow up with touch up visits. Everything was carefully explained to me by April, and she even asked me to bring my regular eyebrow pencil so she could determine exactly what color you are comfortable with. Me being a brunette use a medium brown because I dye my hair red.it is ski pigmentation and you have a choice of 3 techniques which, if anything, she helps you decide. The old fashioned way which is totally pigmenting the whole shape is the cheaper method which was 400$. The second method is shadowing in the background with careful natural looking hairs for 500$. I chose the third method with natural looking strokes for 600$ because I already have thin eyebrows. Yes expensive but so worth it. Needless to say since I had a breast reduction, a few years ago, she also shaded in my areoles around both my nipples making my breasts also look amazingly beautiful. I woke up today feeling absolutely beautiful and amazing. I keep looking in the mirror so happy not believing how eyebrows make such a difference. I look younger! My eyes even look bigger and beautiful. Also she measures very carefully as she goes along, and you have a choice of choosing thin, medium, or thick brows with specific shapes where she has pics, and samples. She even showed me corrections she made. I chose medium. Anyway if you live in the metropolitan area, I will refer you. I’m going back to maybe do eyeliner. I couldn’t be happier with my results. This is “your” face! Be careful who you choose even if it cost a little more.

• nelly
      October 29, 2013 / 9:48 am

maryann, can u refer me, pls? been thinking about it. tnx

42. Patricia freed,
    August 17, 2013 / 2:10 pm

Have you heard of any good eyebrow artists in the Washington, D.C. Area. Thanks.

• Alex
      September 26, 2014 / 8:23 pm

Patricia,

If you are in Washington DC, Maryland, or Virginia area, I would highly recommend Veera at http://www.pmesthetics.com/ She does the natural look and will work with you to find the best shape for your face. She is amazing! You can take a look at some of her work on the website.

43. Cindy
    July 21, 2013 / 7:16 pm

Really great post – thank you so much!! In the Seattle area, I recommend Sophia at 206-236-1992. She has been doing this for decades, does a very natural look and is very talented.

44. Sue F
    July 15, 2013 / 5:07 am

Hi I had my brows done 8 months ago, Originally they were a nice brown color over 3 months they began to turn an orange color. I went back to have them looked at and I was told the ink company had placed a red base and this happened to all the clients whos brows were done at that time. I just had them redone for free again and I am in day 8 and they are now peeling in clomps but the color is gone and I see the orange color under neath. Am I just not suppose to have this done?

• July 16, 2013 / 12:02 pm

I used to use a pigment by kolorsource, and The brow colors would fade to a salmon color. It takes years to fade away. I am sure thats what it is. That’s why I stopped using it. You have to make sure its covered completely or you will see it around the edges. When you tattoo over it with a different manufacturer it will look better, but when that color fades, the salmon color will show up again. The tattoo is always light right after the scab comes off, then it will darken up. After a month, it wont change until it fades.

• July 18, 2013 / 12:14 am

Wow. So sorry you’ve had this experience. I’m not sure what the next steps should be, but thank you for sharing your story. Hope it will help others to consider and learn from your story. Please keep us posted.

45. July 12, 2013 / 6:41 am

The tattoo will fade to a blue/green shade if the technician uses the wrong pigments. Like the black for outlining body art tattoos. You also say she dosnt tattoo the hair follicles. How can she go around the follicles? That’s impossible. She tattooed the whole area with a light color. You will probably need them touched up every 6 months or so.

• July 18, 2013 / 12:18 am

Hi, the whole area was not tattooed. Small hairs were drawn so she was able to avoid follicles. πŸ˜‰ I go in for an update about once a year, without it ever going blue or gray on me. So I’m very happy with my semi-permanent tattoo. Hope you have a great day!

• July 18, 2013 / 7:21 am

I do permanent makeup. I am a member of spcp, We are not allowed to say semi-permanent makeup. Its a gimmick to make people think its not a tattoo. Its still a tattoo, and all tattoos fade. (permanent means to last a long time, not forever, like permanent hair coloring, look up the definition of permanent) Body art takes longer to fade because the colors are so bright. Brows are a soft color and they are exposed to the sun every day. When you draw the strokes, its impossible to know if you are going over a follicle or not, there are so many. Hairs might break off from going over them from the needles. If I did a clients brows like yours were done, they would complain, and say it didn’t take. But if you are happy with them, that’s all that matters, but they may be gone before a year.

• July 18, 2013 / 12:26 pm

Thanks for sharing your industry insider’s perspective! πŸ˜‰

• Stella
          March 4, 2014 / 1:02 am

damn sherry, calm down.

• Doreen
        July 20, 2013 / 2:23 pm

I feel that you have withheld this information far too long, I suggest that when you start a blog about tatoo’s you stick to the truth from the start. It would avoid confusion on the part of the reader viewing your photo’s. Thanks to Sherry you came clean!

• July 20, 2013 / 3:07 pm

I think you’ve misunderstood something here. I wasn’t dishonest about anything, and didn’t come have to come clean about anything. Not sure what you think I was “withholding.” I was just thanking Sherry about her comment and for sharing her insider’s perspective since she’s in the industry. I’m not an insider from the industry, just giving my account of what I was told from my tattoo artist and sharing my experience. I wanted a “semi permanent” tattoo which is what I got. I understood I would have to get them retouched and was also okay with that. Hope this clears things up!

46. Doreen
    July 9, 2013 / 7:07 am

You had eyebrows to begin with and they served as the canvas for the tatoo. I have no eyebrows there in lies the difference. When you have none it takes on a tatoo look which seldom becoming. Here in NY no one uses semi permanent for what ever reason.

47. Roxee
    June 27, 2013 / 7:44 am

Hi! We have the same brown texture. But mine’s worse cause it droops. Anyway, I just had my eyebrows tattooed yesterday and I was kinda feeling a bit sore and it still look sore too and looked like a big boo-boo. Is that normal? Moving on, after seeing your eyebrows, I thought, wow! You could actually have it like hair strands and so natural-looking, while mine obviously looks tattooed. I envy you girl. Oh well. Great blog by the way…

• June 29, 2013 / 6:36 pm

Thank you for the comment. Like all tattoos, it will fade over time. If you’re really unhappy with them you should look into fixing them. Good luck!

48. June 25, 2013 / 5:16 pm

A tattoo is a tattoo. There is no such thing as a temporary tattoo. All tattoos fade. Especially eyebrows because the color is light compared to body art. They are exposed to the sun every day. Plus your body absorbs the color through time. I am a permanent makeup artist, I know. My clients come back for touch ups between 1-3 years.

• Doreen
      July 9, 2013 / 7:12 am

Sherry thank you for being honest and calling it like it is, many don’t. and the client is left with the ongoing expense of the upkeep. Technicians owe it to the client to explain everything regarding the procedure and they often do not

49. sp
    June 22, 2013 / 1:12 pm

Any one know a good artist in India?

50. Liz G
    June 19, 2013 / 8:43 pm

I have overplucked and some parts of my eyebrows don’t grow back, but mostly they are fine. Can you keep what still looks good and fill in where needed with the tatoo? It’s mostly the inner part the won’t grow back.

51. April 10, 2013 / 6:06 pm

Hi my name is Gloria i live in fresno Ca. i had my eye brows tattooed about 11 years ago . but lately they have got a pink color so i have to pencil them in i’m afraid to go get them done cause i’m afraid they might do the same thing. my question is do you think they could be corrected?

• April 10, 2013 / 6:55 pm

absolutely they can be corrected! the ink and skill has been improved tremendously. I’d suggest you research artists around you, read a lot of reviews on them and find someone who is skilled at corrective tattoos. good luck!!!

• Haven G.
        May 23, 2013 / 10:32 pm

I can’t believe a came across this information tonight! I had permanent makeup applied about a year ago and practicing all the “acceptance” I can muster that I allowed this to be done doesn’t change the powerlessness I feel about the outcome. If there is a way to undo what has been done – or at least correct it or make it better I would love to know about it. My tattooed eyebrows are so heavy and unnatural looking – just a shame. I don’t regret having it done entirely – I only regret that they turned out so poorly. I wonder where I can go to get them fixed?

52. Melissa
    April 10, 2013 / 5:07 am

My son has alopecia. He wants to get his done before he Leaves for college. If anyone knows of a great place in south Florida, Palm beach county please let me know πŸ™‚

• April 10, 2013 / 7:57 am

I’ll keep my ears open and let you know if I hear anything! Good luck!

• rebecca
      September 20, 2013 / 11:46 am

I went to Cat eyes in Jupiter, Fl 561-329-9915

53. Verna Van Handle
    March 18, 2013 / 10:21 am

Hi .
    I aminterested in eyebrow tatooing.
    73 years old and baically have no eyebrows. Need HELP in Wisconsin. Do you know of anyone here that would do a great job.

54. stacey
    February 19, 2013 / 7:19 am

I had mine done yesterday and she did them really thick she said that the thickness will fade when they scap I am really stressed as I have really blond hair and the black thickness sticks out way too much please help me ease my mind and how long will it take for them to fade and not be so thick?

• February 19, 2013 / 10:39 am

They do fade and lighten up a bit over the next 2-3 weeks… Not sure how dark or thick yours are, but I hope you’ll be happy with the results. Let me know how it goes! Xo

55. sophie
    February 8, 2013 / 4:26 am

hi my name is sophie and i live in NY anybody there ? i have no whatsoever eyebrows

• March 21, 2014 / 6:51 pm

Hi Sophie, I am a permanent makeup technician in Poughkeepsie,NY. I use the most currently developed pigments and state-of-the-art equipment. I have so much I’d love to add to this blog and I will do so. If you haven’t gotten your brows done yet, I’d be happy to speak with you about it, you can check out my website at: http://www.permanentmakeupbydina.com
      845-264-4744 Good luck!

56. Kathy
    February 4, 2013 / 5:01 am

I do love your eyebrows, very natural !! I got mine done 6 days ago, they’re still scabbing but from what I can see underneath, they look grey to me. I am totally freaking out, they’re permanant. The artist came very highly recommended. I love the shape but concerned about the colour. I wish I had seen this site before I had them done. I did not know they could have been done to look like individual hairs(that’s so cool)I go back in about 4 weeks so I will see what happens then but I imagine that the colour would need to be re-done. Thanks, this site was very helpfil πŸ™‚

57. Aunt Ti
    January 9, 2013 / 7:47 am

Do u have Sherri’ s website or can u recommend someone in south Orange County?

58. Gia Rossi
    December 14, 2012 / 7:02 pm

I’m really tired of drawing on my eye brows every day. I live in FL & used to know this spa that does it, don’t know if it’s still there but if anyone knows someone good, let me know. I have several tatts, but when it comes to my face, gotta be confident the person doing it knows what I want.

Gia305

• Jam
      December 18, 2012 / 8:03 am

There is a tattoo salon located in “THE FALLS” shopping center on sw 136st & they only charge $120. Their right in front of MACY’s and behind PF Changes

• December 26, 2012 / 1:10 am

I absolutely agree. Tattooing the face is super scary and requires lots of research and 100% confidence. Good luck on your search and if you find someone, please come back and share!

59. martha hancock
    December 5, 2012 / 7:12 pm

I have a thyroid condition that leads to eyebrow hair loss, and I’d love to have this done. I live in the midwest, so LA is not too convenient. I’ll start looking and maybe I’ll find someone around here who does this who is good and has references. Your brows look great!!

60. Dina
    November 24, 2012 / 7:31 am

I had a wierd eyebrow shape! That whenever I went to the parlour to get them trimmed they’ll ask me what did I do? Did I shave them from the sides! So I always dreamed of get them tattooed to change the shape! I wanted to get semi permanent but when I met an artist who has done my friends eyebrows she told me that I can not get semi permanent as ill b taking half of my real eyebrows off so its not gonna b possible!! I agreed to the permanent but I fing know if I’ve made the right decision :s I just had my first sessions and my next sessions is in 3 weeks time!

• Dina
        January 3, 2013 / 4:27 pm

OMG I just got to know that the girl who done mine needs to leave the country and there is a good chance that I won’t b able to do the second sessions. Which I’ve paid for already! What’s going to happend if they don’t get touched up?! Knowing that I was hoping to go for darker color this time as the color was too light compare to the sides ! πŸ™

61. Cindy
    November 8, 2012 / 8:17 am

Can you recommend someone in Michigan that does permanent eyebrows?

• Geradine Cushman
      November 15, 2012 / 4:12 pm

In Farmington Hills, at Tamara Spa and Wellness, Gabby was highly recommended to me. I haven’t had my eyebrows done yet because she is hard to get in to see. Go to the website of the salon. I have an appt. coming up.

• Cindy
        December 14, 2012 / 8:57 pm

Geradine, have you had your eyebrows done at Tamara Spa yet? If you have can you let me know if your happy with the results. Her work does look great on the website.
        Thank you so much!
        Cindy Quaine

62. Pam
    October 24, 2012 / 8:40 am

I had my brows tattooed about 10 yrs ago, they are now this blu/gray color can they now look like yours more natural? I live in St Louis how do I find someone here?

• December 26, 2012 / 1:08 am

Hi, Thanks for commenting. I hope you’re able to find someone good that can correct the color of your tattoo.. I would suggest looking at lots of pictures and maybe making sure the tattoo artist has done corrective work! Good luck!~

63. October 20, 2012 / 11:28 pm

your brows look very natural. unfortunately i live in mi. not cal. there is a salon in dearborn, mi. that does the permanent tatoos.i looked on their web site and OMG!, i saw all these women with super hideous brows. they all seem pleased and happy. they don’t think everyone is laughing and gawking at them. so, if anyone lives in the dearborn, mi. area and knows a good place to go, please let me know. temporary would also be good, then i can see how i look with the brows before i do it permanently and be sorry.

64. Jasmine
    August 11, 2012 / 9:50 pm

Thank you for the detailed info!!! I’ve been doing a lot of research and your blog is the best I’ve read! I actually was considering Sherri too, so it’s great that I got to check out her work. Beautiful eyebrows, although I think your before ones look good too! I have one question. What happens to your existing eyebrows? Do you lose them if she goes over them with the tattoo? I have very few and fine eyebrows. They fall out very easily so I’m worried that I may end up with NONE if I get the semi-permanent tattoo done and for whatever reason I don’t want to touch it up again…

• August 12, 2012 / 5:48 pm

She doesn’t touch the existing brow so they aren’t affected at all. Sherri tattoos the skin, not any of the hair follicles, so you shouldn’t lose any brow hair. πŸ™‚ She’s just drawing on the skin, so you shouldn’t have to worry about losing more hair. πŸ˜‰ Hope this helps. Thanks for visiting and let me know how it turns out if you decide to get them done. xoxo

65. July 24, 2012 / 9:43 am

I was born even more eyebrowless than you were. I think I have about 15 hairs on both sides. I used to love swimming, but now I do tend to avoid it because of my Mona Lisa brows. I am so glad I saw your comment at Michelle’s.

I think about having them tattooed as well and I am so happy I read your story. This has given me the confidence of going ahead and looking for an artist myself… I don’t want to continue living with these unexisting brows :/

• July 24, 2012 / 12:01 pm

So glad my post has helped you!!! Please follow and visit often! Also, keep me posted on if/when you get them done πŸ˜‰

• Doreen
        July 9, 2013 / 7:35 am

Your eyebrows are too light for your haircoloring right?

66. April 30, 2012 / 4:41 pm

What a brave decision— I’d be scared of ending up like the ‘before’ photos, however your brows look natural and beautiful afterwards πŸ™‚

• April 30, 2012 / 4:58 pm

It took me quite some time to do it, but I’m so pleased with the results. Thanks for commenting, I hope you’ll visit again!~ xo.

67. Annie K
    April 19, 2012 / 11:23 am

I feel like I would almost want to bring someone from Benefit or another brow bar in to the tattoo parlor with me to make sure I’m getting the right shape! Did you get your brows shaped before you started the tattoo process?

• April 25, 2012 / 2:59 am

I know what you mean. I was really nervous about that too… but since I don’t have much brow hair to begin with, it wasn’t so much ‘shaping’ them to a specific style…. it was just about enhancing my natural brow by filling in the bald spots. If you have enough brow hair to ‘shape’ them… I don’t know if I’d recommend a tattoo. There’s no need for it.

If you don’t have a lot of brow hair and want to enhance your existing brow~ then going with the natural arch of your brow is best. Natural never goes out of style. πŸ˜‰

• March 3, 2014 / 12:47 pm

Before I went to my appointment to have my eyebrows tattooed , I tore out pictures of shapes I liked from magazines. When I got to the tattoo artist she said that what I’d brought her didn’t suit my brow line, she said she wanted to draw a set on my face along the contour of my brow line and see what I thought and she would see if she could add some of the features I thought I wanted. When she finished drawing what she thought was the right brow for my facial features, I was pleased with what she came up with. She tweaked them a few times to make them as long on the sides or as thick as I wanted. She would tell me if what I was wanting was not good for my face. Then we discussed the colors that I wanted them to be and she mixed and tested the colors by applying them to my skin right above my brow. I thought I wanted a particular color, but she suggested a different color and what she suggested looked best with my skin tone. If you go to a professional, consider their advice. If you have hairs on your natural brow line, no matter how few, they don’t get shaved off or eliminated, they will continue to grow there until the hair follicle dies. They will just be growing in the tattooed eyebrow and that helps make it look more natural so don’t worry about them.

• Tamarind
        June 26, 2014 / 10:51 am

To Martha McWilliams – what city do you live in? Did you get permanent or semi-permanent tattoos ink?

68. emaly nhoung
    April 19, 2012 / 2:53 am

Hi can I get the name of the brow salon please? I’ve been dying to get my brows tattooed!

• April 25, 2012 / 2:50 am

Hi! Her name is Sherri. I’ve included her a link to her site within the post now! Thanks for reading and commenting. xoxo. ps. If you do go to her, be sure to mention PrettyGossip and let me know how it turns out!!!

69. Linda
    April 18, 2012 / 7:59 pm

Mindy! Where did you get yours done?? I had my brows tattooed by a friend about 7 years ago and now I can’t stand them. I’ve been trying to look for a really good place before the wedding. I love your eyebrows, seriously it’s perfect!!! So natural!

70. April 18, 2012 / 5:04 pm

The title of this post scared the bejeezus out of me and I was expecting brows like the ones in the first photo. I hate my brows and would do anything to have them look fuller, but the thought of tattooing them was something that I didn’t think I would ever do. But after reading your post, I just might consider it! Since I don’t live in Cali anymore, I’ll have to do research on someone reputable in TX. Yours look wonderful!

• April 18, 2012 / 11:42 pm

Glad this post gave you another option. I think the key is finding someone that has a lot of experience doing very very natural tattoos by drawing in each strand and I mentioned in the post. Brow tattoos aren’t for everyone, and I’m the first to admit that, but I’m very happy with my experience! πŸ™‚ Please let me know how yours turns out!!! Thx for reading and gossiping with me!~

71. Dora
    April 17, 2012 / 11:06 pm

I just got my eyeliners done! I didn’t do as much research as you did though, it was on groupon, it’s in K town, and they have a 5 star rating on yelp… Lol. So happy I did it!!

• April 17, 2012 / 11:37 pm

So glad you like it! I know a ton of people who have had their eyeliners done too. πŸ™‚

72. April 17, 2012 / 2:18 pm

Looks great! My cousin and aunt actually got their brows tattooed and sadly they got those solid looking ones yuck, and they hav e to get touch ups becuase they’ll fade to green :\

• April 17, 2012 / 2:23 pm

Oh no! I hope the shape or thickness is not too ‘out there.’ At least if it’s smaller sized, they can cover up with brow pencils and shadows. I REALLY hope my post informs people, so they know what to look for and what to avoid.

73. April 17, 2012 / 12:33 pm

I was expecting very dark eyebrows but yours look very natural πŸ™‚ I’ve never seen it before! Great job πŸ™‚

• April 17, 2012 / 2:17 pm

Thanks!~ Natural was KEY for me. πŸ™‚ Thanks for visiting and gossiping with me!~

74. April 17, 2012 / 6:53 am

Looks fantastic and completely natural!! <3

• April 17, 2012 / 2:18 pm

πŸ™‚ I am super happy with it too. It only took me like 5 years to find someone I liked and trusted! hahaha.

75. April 17, 2012 / 5:12 am

I need to do this. I just do not live in an area where I can find a good artist that uses semi-permanent inks. I am so envious. Your brows look wonderful!

• April 17, 2012 / 2:19 pm

Visit LA!~ I’ll be happy to share her contact info with you. πŸ™‚ And maybe even translate.. her English is great, but who cares if she’s good at what she does.

76. Annette
    April 17, 2012 / 4:53 am

Wow I am really impresses! Cannot even tell. That is talent

• April 17, 2012 / 2:20 pm

She is talented. I’m sure there’s other talented tattoo artists around… Just need to find them!~

77. April 17, 2012 / 1:07 am

It came out perfect! great post πŸ™‚

• Vannesa
        September 2, 2012 / 1:32 pm

Wow very informative my eyebrows are like your before eyebrows. I hate them πŸ™ I love them when I draw them in with my powder pencil. But when going to the beach or something its embarrasing. Evry1 tells me how much they love my eyebrows, but thats cus their drawn πŸ™ I clicked on sherris studio to get the adress but i couldnt c it so cn yu plss email me her info. Also so if go how to tell her what i want i want to get same thing as you.

• [email protected]
          September 19, 2013 / 4:00 pm

What a sad society we have today that people have to draw on snail trails for eyebrows. These false eyebrows can be seen before the persons face comes into focus.

• withwhatyougot
            July 29, 2014 / 12:56 pm

ah, your arrogance precedes you.

• eurogirl
              April 27, 2015 / 10:07 pm

Hi ladies i am looking for specialist who does great organic semi permanent makeup in South Florida.please can somebody recommend me one thank you

• April 28, 2015 / 9:20 am

Do not use organic pugments! Too many problems with allergic reactions!

• eurogirl
                  April 29, 2015 / 2:44 am

Thank you Sherry but what about Long-Time-Liner, the one that very popular in Europe and was invented in Germany 20 years ago? And if that’s not good so I can’t do it. I do not use any chemicals in my life- my food,skin care ,makeup only pure and the best …
                  Thx

• July 2, 2015 / 9:27 am

Its just another name for permanent makeup. Or tattoo.