I’m so happy to share a new mascara with you today- Eyeko! I’ve been using Eyeko’s Curvy and Skinny Brush mascaras for a couple of months now and been really enjoying it!
Curvy Brush Mascara: Featuring a superior curling formula with Shea Butter and Keratin for a conditioned, inky lash fringe that boosts and holds the a 90degree curl for over 12 hours without eyelashes feeling brittle.
Skinny Brush Mascara: Pro-Vitamin B, natural oils and waxes condition lashes to promote growth and prevent premature breakage. The intense glossy black colour glides smoothly onto lashes in a single stroke for a flawless finish that doesn’t smudge, crumble or flake. Water resistant formula locks in color and hold for 12+ hours leaving lashes feeling feather light and supple.
Each Eyeko mascara comes with a guitar looking pick that can be used as a shield to prevent mascara from getting onto your skin. I tried it once and it really did the job, but not always necessary for my flat Asian face and straight lashes. I think it would be very helpful for beauties with deep(er) set eyes and longer lashes.
Usual shenanigans. Let’s see how Eyeko compares to some other mascaras!
- Eyeko Curvy– $19- Black (Water Resistant)
- Application: I have very straight and sparse lashes , so the curvy brush did not help curl my lashes. I wish I had gotten the FAT brush instead. Think the Fat brush would be better at separating my sparse lashes. My super straight lashes fell flat once the Curvy mascara got my lashes wet, so I had to use my clear mascara trick to keep the curl.
- Water Test: This water resistant mascara held up really well in the water test. Even after rubbing, it barely smeared and didn’t rub off like Blinc (tube mascara)! Eyeko’s formula seems like a cross between a traditional and tube mascara which I really like. It’s the best of both worlds- long wearing without smearing.
- Removal: Small smears of mascara were left behind when I used my cream cleanser. My toner on a cotton pad is usually enough to clean up the remaining mascara. If you use a foaming cleanser, you may not need the additional clean up! Super easy to remove unlike some other waterproof mascaras.
- Recommendation: Love that it’s long wearing without smearing. A great lengthening mascara, but I can’t speak to the curling aspect because my lashes are stubbornly straight and impossible.
- Eyeko Skinny – $19- Black (Water Resistant)
- Application: I LOVE this little brush! I’ve never applied mascara to my lower lashes, but I’m totally into it! Also, I was really impressed to see the mascara last all day without smearing. XOXO Eyeko.
- Water Test: Again, great formula. Very water resistant. No smearing even with water and rubbing!
- Removal: Same deal as the Curvy above.
- Recommendation: Everyone! Seriously, if you haven’t tried mascara on your lower lashes, give it a try. So much fun.
- Buxom Lash– $19- Blue Noir (Not Water Resistant)
- Application: Easy to use BIG brush with short bristles. Great for my wimpy lashes since the short bristles separate my lashes really well without clumping them together. Very natural looking mascara, especially in this dark blue color.
- Water Test: Totally NOT waterproof or smearproof. The other day, I was frustrated on the road (yes, with road rage) and rubbed my face (which I rarely do) and was left with blue marks under my eyes.
- Removal: Although this mascara smears and runs at the mention of any moisture, you still need a makeup remover to remove all of the mascara! I find this a bit annoying.
- Recommendation: Great for a natural look. If you typically have mascara smear under your eyes, you may want to skip this one.
- blinc – $24- Black (Water Resistant) (previous review here)
- Application: One of my favorites because it never smears and is easy to remove. Bristles are a good size and easy to use.
- Water Test: Blinc’s formula is more of a traditional tube mascara, so upon rubbing, it just peeled off. Although it claims to be water resistant, it was easier to remove than the Eyeko mascaras.
- Removal: I actually like that Blinc is so easy to remove since I don’t like to use eye makeup remover every day. My everyday cleanser is more than enough to completely remove the mascara.
- Recommendation: Great for lengthening, but not volumizing. Highly recommend for anyone who has smearing issues with mascara. Keep away if you’re going to get wet (swimming/crying/excessive sweating).
I hope this review has been helpful! I’m really hoping to be able to try the Fat brush next. I think that brush will work better with my lashes. Have you used Eyeko? What is your favorite mascara?
Until next time, stay pretty… inside and out!~ xo
Eye makeup related posts: Mascara’s Love Affair | Hairspray Your Lashes!~ | Urban Decay Naked and Naked 2 Palette Visual Comparison