Do you know who the Next Big Style Blogger is?! I DO!
Back in February, Refinery29 began their 2nd Next Big Style Blogger contest and it was an easy choice for me. Of the 5 finalists chosen by Refinery29 editors, Ann Kim from andyheart.com was my favorite. You can imagine my delight (as well as hers!) when she won the contest and became The Next Big Style Blogger! Woohoo~
I don’t normally blog about fashion, but I thought it’d be fun to pretty gossip with Ann and get her thoughts on fashion AND beauty!
♥ Tell us about yourself Ann:
- Describe your perfect day.
A nice day at the beach with my dog Febe.
- What 3 adjectives would your best friend use to describe you?
Reserved, nurturing and hardworking.
- How does it feel to be the winner of the Refinery29 Blogger of the Year!?
Its amazing, I’m surprised to see so many people responding to my blog in such a short period of time.
♥ Gossip on Fashion:
- What is your favorite accessory?
- What are your 5 most worn items in your wardrobe?
1. Rag & Bone black skinny jeans 2. Proenza Schouler PS1 Bag 3. Zara white blouse (similar here) 4. Suede ankle boots (similar here) 5. My Sunglasses
- What is the one essential item in your wardrobe you couldn’t live without?
My PS1 bag, best purchase I made this year. Its classic, versatile and comfortable.
♥ Gossip on Beauty:
- When do you feel most pretty and confident?
After a good workout and a good nights sleep.
- Name three beauty items would you take to a deserted island?
Sunblock to protect my skin, moisturizer and I can’t live without my chapstick.
- Are you more of a red, pink, peach, or nude lip person?
Nude, I like neutral colors.
- What’s one skincare product you swear by?
My Kahina Beauty Argan Oil, I use it day and night. I also can’t live without my Josie Maran SPF 40+
- Any beauty tricks/tips you want to share with Pretty Gossip readers?
Try to eat natural and healthy as much as possible.
- What is your all time favorite beauty brand?
It’s hard finding products that are gentle and nontoxic. My current favorite brand is Josie Maran and John Masters Organics.
- What’s in your makeup bag right now?
YSL Touche Éclat pen, Josie Maran Argan pressed powder, EOS Organic Lip Balm Sphere (Sweet Mint), Stila Prime Pot, Benefit ‘they’re Real!’ mascara and Josie Maran argan color stick.
Ann– Thanks for sharing your fashion and beauty secrets with us! Can’t wait to collaborate again. xo
Pretty Gossipers– I hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know Ann. You can see more of Ann at AndyHeart.com! (btw… I’ve been using Josie Maran SPF 40 too and will do a review post for you soon.)
Until next time, stay pretty… inside and out. xo
ps… Allure Magazine is currently having their contest for the next Allure Beauty Blogger Award. Who’s your favorite beauty blogger? Who will you be voting for?