I’ve been searching for a nude lipstick for quite some time and I think I’ve found TWO! So excited to share these new finds with you!
I wanted to find a nude lipstick that would enhance my natural lip color and add shine, without washing me out. Of course it also had to be moisturizing since I have crazy dry lips. Oh(!), and I didn’t want any shimmer, glitter, or sparkles. Just wanted a subtle nude color, good moisture, and pretty shine.
MAC Says: “Combining the colour impact of a Lipstick with the shine sheen of a Lipglass, Sheen Supreme creates the perfect hybrid – with no compromise. Lightweight, non-sticky, slick to apply and comfortable to wear. This is a must-have for all those who have craved this kind of fusion.”
- Packaging: Glossy slim(er) lipstick tube.
- Color: Pink-y nude.
- Scent: Some say vanilla. I can’t really tell. Don’t mind it though.
- Pigmentation: Medium opaque color with a semi gloss finish.
- Consistency: Feels like a hybrid between a lipstick and lipgloss. In other words… it’s like a super soft lipstick.
- Moisture: Considering it’s a lipstick, they’re very moisturizing. Unfortunately… I have super dry lips, so I sometimes need to add a little balm underneath which compromises the staying power.
- Staying Power: Pretty good. Longer than a lipgloss, but shorter than a matte lipstick.
- Overall: I’m really happy with this lipstick! It’s the perfect blend between a lipgloss and lipstick: color without any stickiness! It provides a medium opaque coverage, so it covers up flaws on my lips! The pink-y nude color is also perfect for my skin tone. Not a big deal, but think I should note it: because this lipstick is opaque and glossy, it’s obvious that you have lipstick sitting on top of your lips (hope this makes sense, maybe the picture above will help?). Also, the color can sometimes settles into the cracks of your lips giving more color to the cracks. Solution: just smack your lips. 😉
Clinique Says: “Super-nourishing balm is loaded with mango and shea butters. Just what dry, delicate lips need to feel comfortably soft and smooth. Sixteen natural-looking lip tints in all, each with a subtle sheen.”
- Packaging: Easy to use. In the form of a crayon/pencil, but no sharpening needed! Just twist the end to expose more of Chubby!
- Color: Nude-ish plum.
- Scent: None.
- Pigmentation: Sheer color with a subtle sheen.
- Consistency: Easily glides on your lips. Actually feels a lot softer than some lip balms!
- Moisture: Chubby Sticks are infused with Shea Butter, Mango Seed Butter and Jojoba Seed Oil making these sticks super moisturizing. Lips feel smooth, soft and supple.
- Staying Power: Pretty good! I would say a solid 2-3 hours!
- Overall: I LOVE these. So easy to use! I typically have to use a nude lip liner because my lips lack definition… but these little chubby sticks eliminate the need of a liner all together because I’m able to draw/outline my lips with it. Also, these sticks have no shimmer or glitter… just provides a subtle sheen, sheer color AND moisture! Perfection. I can’t wait to pick up some other colors!
Hope this review has been helpful! Until next time, stay pretty… inside and out! xo
PS… Last chance to enter my Eyeko Mascara Giveaway! Only a few hours left!