A few months ago, I got a sample of Too Faced BB Cream from Sephora though their VIB Program. I excitedly gave the BB Cream a try, but never reached for it again in the following weeks… which then became months. Now that I think about it, I think I never reached for it again because I just wasn’t impressed. 🙁
According to Too Faced: A multi-benefit BB cream that tints, primes, nourishes, prevents, and protects skin in one easy step. This innovative cream offers both makeup and skincare benefits in one effortless step. Achieve better-than-real looking skin today and healthier skin long term by using this antiaging, multi-mineral complex that promotes cell health, strengthens skin’s elasticity, and enhances luminosity. This versatile tinted skin perfector instantly delivers oil-free hydration and primes the skin while protecting with a chemical-free SPF 20 UVA/UVB broad-spectrum sunscreen. Wear any of the shades alone or under foundation to achieve your ideal level of luminous coverage. $32 for 1.5oz. Available at Sephora in 4 shades: Vanilla Glow, Creme Glow, Nude Glow, and Beach Glow.
Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides.
- Sun protection: SPF 20 broad spectrum protection. Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide gives this BB Cream complete UVA and UVB protection (including long and short rays). Score! Surprisingly, a lot of BB Creams in the states don’t have complete UVA and UVB protection. Wish it was an SPF of 30, but I’ll take the 20. 🙂
- Coverage: Very sheer. This BB Cream also contains sparkles, so it may not be appropriate for the office. It’s not too much, but you’ll definitely see the sparkles in certain lighting. Great for a casual day at the beach, picnic, or BBQ. I used a shade that is a little too dark for me (Nude Glow), but because it’s so sheer… it didn’t matter. Coverage is not build-able with this BB Cream. Super subtle and sheer.
- Moisture: Oil free, super light moisture. If you have dry skin, this product does not provide enough moisture to use alone. You’ll need to apply a moisturizer under this BB Cream. If you have oily/combination skin, you may like this BB Cream because it goes on and disappears very quickly. No stickiness.
- Consistency: Not too creamy, but not as watery as a lotion. Probably slightly thinner than Clinique, Dr. G and Dr. Jart’s BB Cream.
- Finish: It has a nice invisible finish. Not shiny, dewy or overly matte. I actually like the finish, just too bad it leaves my skin feeling dry.
- Smell: Lightly smells like sunscreen. Feel pretty neutral about the smell.
Below, you can see that some unevenness is smoothed over. Overall, it provides very sheer coverage.
The Bottom Line: At $32, it’s not cheap. At that price, I’d expect a little more. Too Faced BB Cream feels and acts more like a sheer tinted moisturizer. Also, I’m not convinced it has the skin care properties I’d expect from a BB Cream like anti-aging, healing, smoothing, and brightening ingredients. While I’m a fan of Too Faced, I’m not a huge fan of their BB Cream.
I hope this review is helpful. For more BB Cream reviews, please click HERE.
Have you tried this BB Cream? Share your thoughts below.