#NYFW#NYFW #NYFW #NYFW and more #NYFW. OMG, its everywhere!
While I LOVE seeing amazingly tall and lean models strut on the runway in the latest in fashion, makeup and hair styles… I can’t help but ask myself, “Would I ever be able to wear that?” As much as I want to say “yes,” the honest answer is “no.” I’m an everyday woman (with quirky tendencies), not a NYFW fashion model. Just keepin’ it real.
So what am I getting at? If you’re like me, it’s just not practical for us to wear the crazy makeup and outfits shown on the runways. But this doesn’t mean we want to be out of style! The everyday woman simply needs a more realistic approach to the latest fall trends. With this in mind… I’ve selected 6 items that anyone, models and everyday women alike, can easily incorporate into their existing wardrobe and makeup bag to be fall ready. 🙂 I hope you’ll give them a try!
Here are my top 6 beauty and accessory essentials for fall 2012.
(btw, I shamelessly stalked Allure, Elle, Vogue, Refinery29, and trendsetting fashion bloggers to come up with my list.)
- Check yourself this fall: According to the hippest fashionistas, check patterns are in. A scarf like this is a great way to turn a simple outfit into a trendy little look, without much effort. Also, it’s such a classic piece you’ll be wearing it forever. Want to learn a new way to wear your scarf? Check out this video… worth the 4.5 minutes.
- Bright lips: Since you’ll be wearing heavier fabrics, why not lighten the mood and look with a bright(er) colored lipstick? If red is too scary, an orange-y red will do. 🙂
- Dark nails: EASY. If you do nothing else, give this a try. You can’t go wrong with a deep red, but I personally am looking forward to sporting some dark blues and grays this fall.
- Neutral eyes: Since you’re going for bright lips, keep the eyes neutral. Otherwise, your eyes and lips will be competing for attention. I love my Urban Decay Naked palette and I use it all year round. See why I love it so much here.
- Cute booties: It’s a little masculine, yet feminine at the same time. Just think how nice and warm your feet will be.
- Bag a pop of color: A nice bright bag will keep things light and fun, while the suede ties it all together for a nice cozy look.
I think these are easy enough, don’t you?
How are you keeping up with the fall trends?