LUSH: Sex Bomb {Bath Bomb}

After loving my experience with Lush’s Dragon’s Egg, I was super excited to try their most popular bath bomb: Sex Bomb. Isn’t it pretty?!

Here’s why I love this bath bomb:
It smells wonderful and leaves your skin feeling soft, hydrated, and beautifully scented. I’d describe the scent as a jasmine/floral-y musk. I don’t like musk all that much, but overall it’s a very pretty and feminine scent. The little rose in the center of the bomb expands into gelatin rose petals that float around the bath. Not much, but a nice touch. I mashed up the petals between my fingers and they just dissolved away.

Here’s why I won’t be purchasing again:
I read many reviews on this bath bomb before purchasing and no one ever mentioned anything about a ring around the tub! It left a very stubborn stain around my tub. OMG! I had to use a magic eraser to get the stain out. I spent $5,95 on this bath bomb to relax… not for it to create more work. Oh, and Sex Bomb doesn’t fizz which takes some of the fun out of the whole experience.  I will not be repurchasing. Sorry Lush… I love you, but this bath bomb was not relaxing or fun. At least I can still count on my Dragon’s Egg! 🙂

Here’s a picture of the stain it left around my entire tub. 🙁

Here’s the progression of the bath bomb dissolving.

I hope this review has been helpful!
Please let me know which bath bombs you’ve loved and/or hated!

Until next time, stay pretty… inside and out. xo

1. October 18, 2016 / 4:57 pm

I recently came across bath bombs and was told about some awesome ones at susiesensuals.com. I ordered 3, the sweet dreams, jamaican fruit, and wildberry. I also ordered one of their cupcake bath bombs in vanilla berry. My plan was to try one per week. They were so wonderful I tried three in one week and ordered 4 more to take me thru the month. I did not experience any tub ring issues (just wiped clean with my brush) and the aroma and smells were heavenly. They were also pretty inexpensive for the size of balls. My friend ordered their mini cupcake bombs for her daughter’s birthday party favors and loved them. Pretty awesome! I may try out Lush next.

2. March 7, 2016 / 8:49 am

I’m in the tub at this moment with this bath bomb. It was a gift and I looked up the ingredients because the scent is heavenly. I saw your review and read about the ring it left in your tub. I have an off-white jacuzzi and I can’t see any ring. Too bad you had to endure it, I can imagine that it took away the relaxed feeling.

• March 7, 2016 / 12:54 pm

So glad you didn’t experience what I experienced! Thanks for visiting and for the comment. Good to know it doesn’t happen to everyone.

3. LC
    February 18, 2016 / 4:48 pm

I have not had this problem with the Sex Bomb, I use one like every month and recently moved also and never had this problem! I am sorry and I hope you get it off! 🙂 I am a #Lushie so I have probably almost tried every single bomb and never had a problem.

4. Janna
    February 16, 2016 / 8:21 pm

There is a girl who gives the entire recipe away for the lush bath bombs on her YouTube site. I’m making some for a customer base myself and I prefer to not use the colors (more for all natural purposes – food coloring is simply not healthy for people) and if you can make it yourself without the eyes it’s really easy. If not I am more than happy to help make some for you for way less than lush cost. Find me on Facebook if you are interested Janna Keitzer. I’m from kansas 😊 hope this helps.

5. Molly
    December 31, 2015 / 3:41 am

My bath has done the same but not with a Lush bathbomb I’ve tried everything and I can’t get the damn stain off I’ve been trying to get it off for 2 hours!! Help!…….

• Janna
      February 16, 2016 / 8:24 pm

Not sure if it will work better or not but oils tend to clean off better with other oils and a glycerin based soap. Maybe you could try getting either coconut oil or olive oil and go over the colored ring first. Then try to get a gentle scrub brush or something with some glycerine based soap. … Hope it works out for you.

6. December 29, 2015 / 9:16 am

Just used sex bomb! It smelled great but also left a stubborn stain around the tub😂 i feel yourrrrr hatred!

• December 29, 2015 / 5:23 pm

Right?! Search “lush” on my site for some of my favorite bath bombs! Thanks for visiting and for your comment!

7. Amber
    June 13, 2015 / 8:05 am

It left a ring bc you hadn’t cleaned your tin recently and there was a ring of soap scum and oil. Anything will stick to that residue, it doesn’t matter what color it is. It’s not Lush’s fault, it’s your’s.

• June 14, 2015 / 10:22 pm

Actually, I cleaned the bath tub prior to using the bath bomb. I think with anything that’s red/pink, its bound to leave more of a “stain.” So please don’t put blame on anyone. I’m just stating what happened. If you don’t get any pink rings on your bath tub, great! I don’t have any problems with other Lush bath bombs I’ve used (Dragon’s Egg is my fave!), but this one was just not good for me. 🙂

8. Ana
    December 25, 2013 / 12:30 pm

Every colored bath bomb will left a stain around your tub. I make bath bombs at home and there is always the same result if I add some color into them. But I only use my scrub brush with adding some shampoo on and it fix the problem right away, when I rub the tub.

9. September 11, 2012 / 1:02 pm

I don’t like bath bombs changing the color of the water and turning my bathtub into an oil slick. That’s why I like Floating Island.