LUSH: Sex Bomb {Bath Bomb}

After loving my experience with Lush’s Dragon’s Egg, I was super excited to try their most popular bath bomb: Sex Bomb. Isn’t it pretty?!

Here’s why I love this bath bomb:
It smells wonderful and leaves your skin feeling soft, hydrated, and beautifully scented. I’d describe the scent as a jasmine/floral-y musk. I don’t like musk all that much, but overall it’s a very pretty and feminine scent. The little rose in the center of the bomb expands into gelatin rose petals that float around the bath. Not much, but a nice touch. I mashed up the petals between my fingers and they just dissolved away.

Here’s why I won’t be purchasing again:
I read many reviews on this bath bomb before purchasing and no one ever mentioned anything about a ring around the tub! It left a very stubborn stain around my tub. OMG! I had to use a magic eraser to get the stain out. I spent $5,95 on this bath bomb to relax… not for it to create more work. Oh, and Sex Bomb doesn’t fizz which takes some of the fun out of the whole experience.  I will not be repurchasing. Sorry Lush… I love you, but this bath bomb was not relaxing or fun. At least I can still count on my Dragon’s Egg! 🙂

Here’s a picture of the stain it left around my entire tub. 🙁

Here’s the progression of the bath bomb dissolving.

I hope this review has been helpful!
Please let me know which bath bombs you’ve loved and/or hated!

Until next time, stay pretty… inside and out. xo

1. March 7, 2016 / 8:49 am

I’m in the tub at this moment with this bath bomb. It was a gift and I looked up the ingredients because the scent is heavenly. I saw your review and read about the ring it left in your tub. I have an off-white jacuzzi and I can’t see any ring. Too bad you had to endure it, I can imagine that it took away the relaxed feeling.

• March 7, 2016 / 12:54 pm

So glad you didn’t experience what I experienced! Thanks for visiting and for the comment. Good to know it doesn’t happen to everyone.

2. LC
    February 18, 2016 / 4:48 pm

I have not had this problem with the Sex Bomb, I use one like every month and recently moved also and never had this problem! I am sorry and I hope you get it off! 🙂 I am a #Lushie so I have probably almost tried every single bomb and never had a problem.

3. Janna
    February 16, 2016 / 8:21 pm

There is a girl who gives the entire recipe away for the lush bath bombs on her YouTube site. I’m making some for a customer base myself and I prefer to not use the colors (more for all natural purposes – food coloring is simply not healthy for people) and if you can make it yourself without the eyes it’s really easy. If not I am more than happy to help make some for you for way less than lush cost. Find me on Facebook if you are interested Janna Keitzer. I’m from kansas 😊 hope this helps.

4. Molly
    December 31, 2015 / 3:41 am

My bath has done the same but not with a Lush bathbomb I’ve tried everything and I can’t get the damn stain off I’ve been trying to get it off for 2 hours!! Help!…….

• Janna
      February 16, 2016 / 8:24 pm

Not sure if it will work better or not but oils tend to clean off better with other oils and a glycerin based soap. Maybe you could try getting either coconut oil or olive oil and go over the colored ring first. Then try to get a gentle scrub brush or something with some glycerine based soap. … Hope it works out for you.

5. December 29, 2015 / 9:16 am

Just used sex bomb! It smelled great but also left a stubborn stain around the tub😂 i feel yourrrrr hatred!

• December 29, 2015 / 5:23 pm

Right?! Search “lush” on my site for some of my favorite bath bombs! Thanks for visiting and for your comment!

6. Amber
    June 13, 2015 / 8:05 am

It left a ring bc you hadn’t cleaned your tin recently and there was a ring of soap scum and oil. Anything will stick to that residue, it doesn’t matter what color it is. It’s not Lush’s fault, it’s your’s.

• June 14, 2015 / 10:22 pm

Actually, I cleaned the bath tub prior to using the bath bomb. I think with anything that’s red/pink, its bound to leave more of a “stain.” So please don’t put blame on anyone. I’m just stating what happened. If you don’t get any pink rings on your bath tub, great! I don’t have any problems with other Lush bath bombs I’ve used (Dragon’s Egg is my fave!), but this one was just not good for me. 🙂

7. Ana
    December 25, 2013 / 12:30 pm

Every colored bath bomb will left a stain around your tub. I make bath bombs at home and there is always the same result if I add some color into them. But I only use my scrub brush with adding some shampoo on and it fix the problem right away, when I rub the tub.

8. September 11, 2012 / 1:02 pm

I don’t like bath bombs changing the color of the water and turning my bathtub into an oil slick. That’s why I like Floating Island.