Eye Makeup Remover Challenge {Simple vs. The Body Shop}

Happy Monday Everyone!~

Earlier this year, I did an eye makeup remover challenge (see post here) where Simple’s Eye Makeup Remover beat out Almay’s Eye Makeup Remover. Unfortunately, after repeated use… I realized that the Simple’s Eye Makeup Remover was irritating my eyes. πŸ™

I was a bit surprised. Wasn’t Simple made for sensitive folks?! Guess Simple was only looking out for people with sensitive skin (raising hand)… not people with sensitive eyes (raising hand again). My search for a non-oily, affordable, and gentle eye makeup remover continued until I recently ran across The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover. I’d heard so much about this remover, I decided to put it up to the test with the reigning champion.

The Contenders: Simple’s Eye Makeup Remover vs. The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

The Lineup: Below are the waterproof liners and mascara I used in this eye makeup remover challenge. If you’re interested in the products used in this challenge, the links are located at the bottom of this post.

The Challenge: I soaked a cotton pad with the respective eye makeup remover and held it to the swatches (below) for 15 seconds. The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover removed the liners and mascara better than Simple’s Eye Makeup Remover with no irritation! Stila’s Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner (marker-like tip) was the only liner that The Body Shop’s remover could not completely remove. 1 out of 6… not bad. πŸ˜‰

My Conclusion: The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover never irritated my eyes,Β performed better than Simple’s Eye Makeup Remover, and costs only $15 for 8.4 oz (Simple costs $6.99 for 4.2 oz). Hooray~ I’ve found my favorite eye makeup remover!~

What’s your favorite eye makeup remover?

Here’s all the products used in this challenge…

Until next time, please stay in touch with me here:

1. Sue
    December 20, 2012 / 7:44 pm

I have extremely sensitive eyes and found the best eye makeup remover AND its very inexpensive. It’s called Paula’s Choice eye makeup remover and just $12. I’m very impressed with it. Doesn’t feel heavy on my eyes after use. Doesnt make them water either. But does the trick. I get eye lash extensions and its even gentle enough to use on them (that’s actually how I heard about it is from the girl who does my extensions). Here’s the link http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/makeup/eyes/_/Gentle-Touch-Makeup-Remover/

• December 21, 2012 / 1:28 am

Thanks for the info! Will have to check it out. Thanks for visiting and please feel free to share more great info like this!

2. serena
    December 3, 2012 / 12:48 am

I picked up the simple remover from boots in the u.k. and I love it! doesn’t irritate my eyes at all πŸ™‚ much better than the l’oreal brand in the blue bottle that burns my skin and is oily!

3. carizza
    November 13, 2012 / 12:27 am

I’m looking for a good eye makeup remover right now, I think I might try the body shop one! I’ve tried simple’s toner recently and it reacted badly with my sensitive skin, I don’t know what it is about their formulas, but I’m now staying away from their products. boo.

4. J.G.
    November 12, 2012 / 10:23 pm

I use Sonia Kashuk eye makeup remover.

• November 14, 2012 / 2:53 pm

I heard good things about this one too. Must put on my ever-growing “to buy” list. Thanks for visiting and commenting. πŸ™‚

5. November 12, 2012 / 6:36 am

I have horribly sensitive eyes, the Body Shop eye makeup remover burned and stung my eyes πŸ™ I haven’t tried the Simple one but if that made your eyes irritated, it would probably do that to mine to. I’m currently using the green L’Oreal waterproof eye makeup remover which does have an oily residue but at least it doesn’t hurt my eyes.

• November 14, 2012 / 2:56 pm

Yeah, don’t try the Simple one if The Body Shop one made your eyes burn… I’ve realized that the 2 removers oily removers I’ve tried did not irritate my eyes (Chanel and Lancome). I was hoping to find a non oily one at a lesser price point. The Body Shop (thankfully) worked for me, but I’ll let you know if I hear of another non-oily drugstore brand that is kind to the eyes. πŸ™‚

6. November 12, 2012 / 5:37 am

My favorite remover is my kose cleansing oil, removes WP mascara the best. Also enjoy the MUFE sens’ eyes remover. It’s gentle and works wonderful. Doesn’t irritate the eye or sting or burn.

• November 14, 2012 / 2:58 pm

Thanks for visiting and commenting!~ I love cleansing oils too. They work well. Was trying to find a drugstore brand remover that was not oil based… The Body Shop isn’t quite drugstore brand, but wasn’t too expensive. Bummed that Simple didn’t work out. Please visit again! xo