Since I’m giving away a bottle of SKIN79’s VIP Gold BB Cream in my “Favorites Giveaway,” I decided to do a full review of why I’m crazy about this BB Cream!
VIP Gold Super Plus Beblesh Balm: “BB Cream that presents luxurious skin. Ingredients with an abundance of nutrition keep skin resilient and moist and its whitening and wrinkle fighting properties helps maintain clear and resilient skin, while giving the skin a natural and bright look.” Around $20.00 for 40 g. (Win a bottle here, or purchase here and here)
My Observations of the VIP Gold Super Plus BB Cream:
♥ Shade: I’m a light to medium beige with yellow undertones and it works great for me. This is a product targeting the Asian market, so (as far as I know) there’s only 1 shade available.
♥ Coverage: Best coverage I’ve seen from a BB Cream! It’s not full coverage like a foundation, but it has buildable coverage without the cakey feel or look. Also, it makes my skin look brighter and provides a natural glow.
Needless to say, SKIN79’s BB Cream provides better coverage than many other (non-asian) BB Creams including (click for review): Garnier, L’Oreal, L’Oreal Magic, Maybelline, Estee Lauder, Smashbox, Too Faced, Clinique, Boscia, and Stila.
Left: Before application. Right: After blending. Notice how my skin tone is smoothed, blemishes are diffused, and my skin looks brighter?!
♥ Smell: Very very subtle pleasant fragrance. My uber sensitive eyes were not irritated by the scent.
♥ Moisture: This BB Cream is perfect for dry skin. If you have oily skin, you might want to skip your normal day moisturizer and use this BB Cream instead. Or, skip the gold bottle and use the pink bottle! Scroll down for descriptions of the different bottles below.
♥ Finish: Love it! The finish is my favorite aspect of this BB Cream. My skin feels moisturized, product feels lightweight on my skin, coverage looks natural, and it provides a dewy glow without a ton of shine! I usually don’t have to apply powder afterwards. Yay!
♥ Texture: Definitely thicker than a lotion. It’s more like a soft cream.
♥ Sun Protection: UVA and UVB. Hooray! If you plan on taking lots of flash photos… The SPF can make you look ghostly in photos so I recommend dusting some powder over the BB Cream.
I’m very impressed with SKIN79’s BB Cream! This just might replace my all time favorite BB Cream (Dr. G BB Cream)! Here’s 2 main reasons why I LOVE SKIN79’s VIP Gold BB Cream…
- The natural dewy (non-shiny) finish is amazing! It leaves my skin feeling moisturized without the crazy shine. If you found Dr. G too oily, you might want to give SKIN79 a try… it has a better finish.
- SKIN79’s BB Cream matches my skin color better than my beloved Dr. G (Dr. G is a bit more pink than SKIN79). Although SKIN79 seems to have subtle gray tones, it actually blends/melts into my skin very well.
Just in case you’re interested… there are 4 types of SKIN79 Super Plus BB Creams:
- (Gold) VIP Gold Super Plus Beblesh Balm (Dry Skin): “This triple function beblesh balm makes moist and elastic skin with gold and caviar ingredients. Ingredients with an abundance of nutrition keep skin resilient and moist and its whitening and wrinkle fighting properties helps maintain clear and resilient skin, while giving the skin a natural and bright look.”
- (Pink) Hot Pink Super Plus Beblesh Balm (Normal Skin): “Moisture based triple function BB cream takes care of the base as well as colour makeup and allows the skin to look bright and natural without greasiness or feeling tight.”
- (Orange) Super Plus Triple Functions BB Vital Cream (Sunscreen): “Upgraded Sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection SPF50. Strengthen’s skin NMF and maintain balanced skin condition. Osmopur-N and Vital-V Complex soothe and protect skin from harmful environments for a moisturized, healthy skin.”
- (White) Snail Nutrition BB Cream (Dry Skin) “Containing 45% of the Korean Snail Secretion Filtrate, supplying sleek and lustrous texture to the skin, preventing skin damage, and keeps skin moist and healthy by forming a moist protection layer.”
I hope you’ve enjoyed this review! If you have any questions, please leave a comment below!