Contrary to common belief, lip balm is not the best way to combat dry chapped lips.
Exfoliation is the 1st (and critical) step in fighting chapped lips! Exfoliating your lips twice a week will help rid of dead skin cells leaving lips soft and smooth, which allows moisture (aka lip balms) to penetrate your lips! In other words, exfoliation not only help soften your lips, it also helps your lip balm to work better!
So, if you’re experiencing dry, flaky, and chapped lips this winter… use this super easy recipe to make your very own Sugar Honey Lip Scrub. Your lips (and kissing partner) will thank you! Best part is that you probably have all the ingredients at home already, so get started now!
What you’ll need:
- Sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Honey: 1 tablespoon
- Olive Oil: 1 teaspoon
- Vaseline or Shea Butter: 1 teaspoon (Coconut oil and jojoba oil are also good alternatives)
- 1 small container
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 1 tablespoon of sugar together.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and mix well.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Vaseline or softened shea butter and mix well.
* If shea butter is not soft, soften by warming or use a spoon to whip/beat the shea butter before adding to the lip scrub mixture.
- Spoon into a container and use within 1-2 weeks.
How to use:
- Take a dime size amount of scrub and rub gently onto dry lips.
- Gently rub until some of the sugar has dissolved.
- Rinse well with warm water.
- Apply lip balm (Make your own! Click here for details).
- Use twice a week and your lips will be silky soft.
Now that you have soft exfoliated lips, moisturize them with your very own homemade lip balm!~ Click here for the easy step by step tutorial!
Until next time, stay pretty… inside and out!
What’s your favorite DIY?!