I typically have 3-8 lip products in my purse at any given time (including my beloved Revlon Lip Butters), so I was excited to try out Revlon’s ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick. The word “Suede” definitely piqued my curiosity. I automatically thought “matte,” but let’s see what Revlon had in mind!
Here are the swatches:
- Glides on easily and lightweight.
- Feels moist.
- Nice shine (both colors have shimmer).
- Sheer color.
- A few minutes later🙁
- It “sets” but the feel of the lipstick takes a turn for the worse…
- All the moisture seems to evaporate away and you’re left with dry lips.
- It looks and feels like a matte “long wear” lipstick. If you smack your lips, they stick together.
- The color lasted a couple of hours albeit dry and a bit uneven.
I like this lipstick only for the first 2 minutes after application. After it sets, no likey. My lips are chronically dry so the tight dry feeling was too much for me. It left my lips feeling (and looking) dry, patchy, uneven, and sticky… as if I’d applied long wear lipstick without following up with the gloss. No likey. I always had to apply a separate lip gloss over the ColorStay Suede lipstick to relieve the dryness which takes away the excitement of a one step, non-drying long wear lipstick.
I don’t have a ton of Revlon products but I was so happy with the Revlon Lip Butters (review here), I had high hopes for the ColorStay Suedes too. I know the two products are not comparable (long wear vs. balms), but I need moisture on my lips more than anything else. For now, I’m happy to stick with my Lip Butters.
Have you tried Revlon’s ColorStay Suede Lipstick?!
What’s your current favorite lip product?