Are you ready for Valentine’s Day?! Still looking for the perfect gift for your special someone?… Well, what better gift than a softer and smoother YOU?!
Last month, I shared how to get soft lips with this homemade sugar lip scrub tutorial. In today’s tutorial, I’ll share how you can get soft and smooth all over with a super hydrating homemade sea salt body exfoliator!
Did you know that the secret to silky smooth skin during the winter and summer months is a good exfoliation? Here are some reasons why exfoliation is a good idea all year round:
- In the winter… exfoliation helps get rid of dry skin revealing new, healthy skin. Applying lotion/moisturizer after an exfoliation will help the lotion work better to alleviate dryness and cracking!
- In the summer… obviously, you’re showing more skin during this time of year! You want to make sure your elbows, legs, and feet are looking good. Also, if you’re planning on using self tanners or gradual tanning lotions… an exfoliation is a must for an even tan.
So let’s get started!
Here’s what you’ll need: (1 application)
1 cup of sea salt and 1/2 cup of baby, almond, jojoba or argan oil.
(Just 2 simple ingredients, but they’re magic together!)
- Mix together the sea salt and oil.
- Massage onto wet skin paying close attention to your elbows, knees and feet (body wash is optional).
- Rinse well with warm water.
- Pat yourself dry with a towel.
- Pin on Pinterest. Your followers will thank you… and so do I! ♥
My Splatter Paint Nails and No Heat Waves Tutorials are still super popular thanks to all your pins and repins! Thank you!~
- Add a few drops of your favorite essential oils for a little aromatherapy.
- If your sea salt is too coarse, let your scrub sit for a day. Doing this will give you a ‘gentler’ exfoliation.
- Make some extra and leave the scrub by your sink to use as a nightly hand exfoliator.
It’s amazing what a little sea salt and oil can do for your skin! You (and your special someone) will love the way your skin feels and smells.
What are your plans for Valentine’s Day this year?
If you’re on Instagram, please come find me (@prettygossip)! I’d love to see what you’re up to.