Its (almost) summer and you’re probably spending more time outdoors. A day of hiking, lounging at the beach, or bbq-ing in the backyard is a lot of fun, but prolonged exposure to the sun is very drying, damaging, and hard on your hair.
Unlike your skin, which should always be protected with sunblock (!), your hair is exposed and unprotected from the sun’s harmful UV rays. So… show your hair some extra TLC to keep it soft, shiny, and frizz free with a super moisturizing hair treatment mask! Then you can rock it with some beachy waves! 🙂
Interested in learning how to get beautiful beachy waves without any heat?! I’ve got 2 tutorials for you. Oh and remember, I love seeing your photos on Instagram, so please remember to tag me (@prettygossip).
- If you have naturally wavy, click here.
- If you have straight hair, you’ll have better luck with my overnight wave tutorial, so click here. 🙂
This homemade hair treatment mask only requires 2 ingredients and can do wonders for your hair, especially if it’s chemically treated (permed, colored, etc). Doesn’t it look yummy?!
- 2 tablespoons of honey. Honey is a natural humectant which is a natural substance that attracts and helps retain moisture.
- 1 medium-sized avocado. Avocados are rich in unsaturated oils, nutrient-dense, and provides a ton of moisture.
- Take a medium-sized avocado and mash until smooth.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of honey and mix well.
- Apply to dry or slightly damp hair and leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse well and follow with shampoo and conditioner if desired.
- This is also a great scalp treatment so feel free to massage it directly onto your scalp. But if you have an oily scalp, you can apply the treatment a few inches down from the scalp.
- While the mask is doing its magic, use a shower cap (or saran wrap) to keep your hair out of the way.
This honey avocado treatment mask is exactly what your hair is craving!
We take care of our skin, but often forget about our hair. This summer, treat your locks once a week with this easy DIY hair treatment! I bet you have both ingredients already in your kitchen! Good luck and have fun!