I’ve been on a BB Cream and CC Cream craze (again). I recently picked up Amore Pacific’s Color Control Cushion Compact and am looking forward to sharing my thoughts and experience with you.
Amore is a Korean brand, so I grew up using their products. When I was younger, I remember how excited I used to get when my mom would let me use her Amore bath salts. The bath salts turned the water a beautiful green turquoise and I used to pretend I was a mermaid. 🙂 So my familiarity and fond childhood memories got me very excited to see Amore products at Sephora and American stores!
Here is a photo of the Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact which comes with 1 filled compact and 1 refill.
A multitasking formula with broad-spectrum SPF protection, deep hydration, and complete coverage. Flaunt a flawless, luminous complexion with this revolutionary compact that provides light to medium coverage, superior antioxidant and sun protection, and instant hydration. This formula fills in micro lines and ensures color builds into fine, even layers, while green tea brightens skin and prevents irritation. The broad spectrum SPF 50 protects against both UVA and UVB rays and the non-absorbing puff applicator cools and soothes the skin for a refreshing finish every time. Formulated without Parabens, Sulfates, and Phthalates. As a brand dedicated to achieving health and beauty with natural botanicals, AmorePacific does not test ingredients or products on animals. Available in 4 shades at Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and Sephora for $60.
I purchased shade 204.
This product has a SPF of 50. Yes, FIFTY! Just because they claim a SPF of 50 doesn’t necessarily mean it’s protecting from both UVA and UVB rays, so I checked the ingredients list to make sure. Happy to report that this product does indeed protect against both UVA (long and short) and UVB rays! If you’d like to know what SPF ingredients to look for, check out this post (click here).
As you can see in the photo below, the consistency of the product is very liquidy. I recommend using the dense non-absorbing sponge to apply the product.
Here’s a blended out swatch on my hand. You can see it has a very natural dewy finish.
Here are my observations….
- Consistency: Feels amazing. The product just melts onto the skin and provides a ton of moisture.
- Coverage: The buildable coverage ranges from sheer to medium without ever getting cakey. Score!
- Packaging: So pretty. 🙂
- SPF 50: Both UVA (long and short rays) and UVB protection.
- Fragrance: I like the scent, but its just too strong for my sensitive eyes. When the product get too close to my eyes, they get a little irritated.
- Price: At $60 a pop, it’s not cheap. At least it comes with a refill!
- Size: The compact is like a triple decker of compacts. It’s about an inch thick.
- Shade: With only 4 available shades, I didn’t find a perfect shade match which was disappointing. 🙁 I purchased 204 Tan Gold but it was too yellow and dark for me. I’m usually the 2nd lightest shade when there’s 4 shade options, but in this case… the 2nd lightest shade (106 Almond Blush) was too light and pink for me. So I purchased Tan Gold thinking it was a good match, but I’ve noticed that the color gets darker as it oxidizes. Immediately after application (see photo below), you can see my skin tone is evened out but I look slightly more yellow than before. As the formula oxides… the yellowing becomes worse. 🙁
Mixed Feelings About:
- Cushion Compact: I like and dislike the cushion delivery system of the product. I like that the cushion allows the liquidy formula to be portable in a compact , but I dislike it at the same time because the white rim of the compact gets product all over it which bothers me. I’m a bit OCD when it comes to my cosmetics… I like them neat and clean. If you’re not OCD like me… this won’t be an issue. 😉
- Finish: I mostly love but sometimes hate the dewy finish. The dewy finish can give a very natural and healthy glow, but it takes time to settle in and not look so shiny. I’ve found that using a primer before applying the compact helps with the shininess. Honestly, it’s nothing that a little translucent powder can’t fix!
- Teary Eyed: Like I said, I have sensitive eyes and the fragrance makes my eyes water. 🙁
I like this product. I would have LOVED it if I had a better shade match and it didn’t irritate my eyes. It provides a buildable coverage, while providing ample moisture, without being greasy or heavy. Definitely worth seeing if you have a good shade match and if you do have a good match… GET IT!
Have you tried this or other Amore products? Let me know what you loved or hated!