When I saw Hourglass’ new Femme NUDE Lip Stylo collection, I thought “pretttyyyy!”~ I haven’t been able to pull off the nude lip look without looking completely washed out, so seeing SIX beautiful nude colors got me excited. One of them has to work for me right?! 🙂
“A seductive collection of nude lip crayons delivering a full-coverage formula and satin finish. Enclosed in a luxurious retractable stylo, Femme Nude enhances the natural sensuality of your lips by adding fullness, dimension and balance. With six shades to choose from there’s a nude for every mood. Free of parabens, fragrance, phthalates, and sulfates.”
Available in 6 Shades ($30 each) at Sephora
Nude No.1 – A pale pink nude, the lightest of the collection.
Nude No.2 – A honey beige nude with a warm tint.
Nude No.3 – A medium rose nude, with a hint of pink.
Nude No.4 – A pink beige nude, with a touch of deep rose.
Nude No.5 – A golden peach nude with luminosity.
Nude No.6 – A mauve nude, the deepest nude of the collection.
My skin is fairly light and I have no color in my lips(!) so #1-4 were way too light for me. Washed me out. So I decided to go with #6, the darkest shade in the collection. I usually like mauve and pink tone lip colors so it worked out.
Packaging: The twist up chubby pencil is very easy to use and carry. I really like that I don’t have to sharpen the pencil. The case is a bit heavy compared to the Clinique’s Chubby Sticks (my review here).
- Application: The Stylo glides on easily but is not as emollient as I’m used to or like. Applies like a traditional lipstick.
- Finish: Not super glossy or matte… commonly referred to as a “satin finish.” The Stylo does not have a ton of shine as you can see in the photos above. If you don’t like a high shine finish, you’ll probably like the satin finish… it has just a touch of shine. I sometimes apply a sheer gloss over it when I want a little more oomph or need more moisture.
- Hydration: This is where I think this product lacks. My lips are typically very dry, so my lips get a little uncomfortable after about 30 minutes. This product is not emollient or hydrating like what you’d expect from a gloss or balm, but this probably won’t be an issue for people with normal (not so dry) lips.
- Coverage: The coverage of this product is very good. Applies opaque and is buildable.
- Wear: Pretty good. Especially because it is not a gloss, the color adheres to the lips and stays longer than a gloss.
- Color: I adore all the colors and I think Hourglass has done a great job in providing a color selection that works for all skin tones.
- Price: $30 each at Sephora.
The Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylo is the perfect color enhancement for a natural look.
While I love the colors and the idea of a color collection dedicated to nude lip colors, I wish the product was a bit more moisturizing. My lips are dry so this product didn’t work perfectly for me. If you don’t have dry lips and/or like the “not so glossy” satin finish look, you’ll like this product. I’ll definitely continue to use this product, but it won’t be a one step process for me. I’ll have to apply a gloss over it to help my lips feel more comfortable.
What is your favorite nude lip product?!
Let me know in the comments below, I love hearing your suggestions!