2015 Black Friday Update!
Urban Decay is offering 20% OFF + Free Shipping!!!!
Amazing deals are right this way… ULTIMATE PROMO CODE LIST.
Can you believe we’re almost halfway through December?! 2013 has flown by~ Wow.
A few weeks ago, I shared on Instagram (photos here) that I was waiting for my Naked 3 palette to arrive. Well, I got it a couple of weeks ago and am so excited to share my review with you! When I shared my Naked 1 vs. Naked 2 Visual Comparison (click here) about a year ago, I heard such great feedback from you… I decided to do a visual comparison for all 3 Urban Decay Naked palettes!
Please keep scrolling down to see all the swatches, and finally the visual comparison of the similar colors between all 3 Naked palettes!
Naked 3’s case is the same as the Naked 2 palette. It’s metal, snaps shut, and great for travel. 🙂 Below are swatches of all 3 Naked Palettes.
- Most number of brown shades and some of my favorite shades: Virgin, Sin, Buck, Half Baked, and Dark Horse
- 5 new shades
- 2 mattes (Naked and Buck), 10 shimmery/satiny colors
- Shades include: Virgin (nude satin), Sin (champagne shimmer), Naked (buff matte), Sidecar (beige sparkle), Buck (brown matte), Half Baked (bronze), Smog (golden brown shimmer), Darkhorse (bronze-plum shimmer), Toasted (taupe-bronze), Hustle (mocha shimmer), Creep (near-black metallic), Gunmetal (dark grey metallic)
- Has a great range of light to dark shades. Love Bootycall, Suspect, and Pistol
- 5 new and exclusive to this palette: Bootycall, Tease, Snakebite, Pistol, and Busted
- 3 mattes (Foxy, Tease, Blackout) and 9 shimmery/satiny colors
- Shades include: Foxy (cream bisque with matte finish), Half Baked (golden-bronze with shimmering finish), Booty Call (shimmering cork), Chopper (copper shimmer with silver microglitter), Tease (creamy pale brown with matte finish), Snake Bite (dark bronze shimmer with metallic base), Suspect (pale golden beige with shimmering finish), Pistol (light gray-brown with shimmering finish), Verve (oyster with shimmering finish), YDK (cool bronze shimmer with metallic base), Busted (deep brown with shimmering finish), Blackout (blackest black with matte finish)
- Lots of light and mid shades
- 12 All NEW shades!
- 3 mattes (Strange, Limit, Nooner), 6 satin/shimmers, and 2 glitters
- Shades include: Strange (pale neutral pink matte-satin), Dust (pale metallic pink shimmer w/iridescent micro-glitter), Burnout (light pinky-peach satin), Limit (light dusty rose matte), Buzz (metallic rose shimmer w/silver microglitter), Trick (light metallic pinky-copper shimmer w/tonal microsparkle), Nooner (medium pinky-brown matte), Liar (medium metallic mauve shimmer), Factory (pinky-brown satin), Mugshot (metallic taupe shimmer w/slight pink shift), Darkside (deep taupe-mauve satin), Blackheart (smoky black matte w/rosy red microsparkle)
Below are swatches of similar shades between the 3 palettes. Hopefully they help you decide between Naked, Naked 2, and Naked 3 palettes!
Please reference the visual comparison chart above:
- Trick from Naked 3 is similar to Chopper from Naked 2. Trick is a bit more pink.
- Nooner, Tease, and Buck are all great medium brown (matte) crease shades.
- Mugshot is a beautiful dark shimmery metallic taupe. YDK is a medium bronze metallic shimmer, and Sidecar is the lightest of the 3 shimmery shades. They’re not exact dupes, but I found them to be a bit similar… except for the degree of darkness of course. 🙂 Scroll down to see more photos of the comparison.
- Darkside, Snake Bite, and Hustle all look like a medium brown shimmer. With a closer look, Darkside leans slightly taupe compared to the other two shades. Even though the photos do not show Snake Bite and Hustle looking similar, they are very similar. A medium/dark bronze shimmer.
- Busted and Darkhorse are deep brown shimmers. Darkhorse leans a bit plum. Blackheart is a very deep brown, bordering black. This shade has the most shimmery finish with plum sparkles!
As you can see below, the colors in Naked 3 aren’t repeated in the original Naked and Naked 2 palettes! Some are similar, but no exact dupes.
Here’s another way to visually compare the similar colors in the Naked Palettes.
Naked 3 has 12 brand new colors. I didn’t find exact dupes or repeat of shades from Naked or Naked 2. I personally like the rose hued palette, but I love the original Naked palette with all those rich warm brown hues. I feel like the original Naked palette works best with my yellowy Asian skin tone. The light to medium rose hued Naked 3 palette also works really well for everyday wear. Honestly, you can’t really go wrong with any of the palettes!
My only complaint about Naked 3 is the fall out on Dust and Trick. The glittery shades have a ton of fall out which makes application difficult and patchy.
I hope this comparison of the original Urban Decay Naked, Naked 2, and Naked 3 palette has been helpful! If you have any questions, please leave me a comment below! If you’re interested in the other neutral palettes, please check out my other posts!
- Urban Decay: Naked Original vs. Naked 2
- Urban Decay: Naked Basics vs. Naked
- Lorac: Pro Palette vs. Urban Decay Naked
- The Balm: Nude’tude vs. Urban Decay Naked
If you’re interested in purchasing a Naked palette, you can buy them here:
So have you decided? What is your favorite nude palette?!