I hope you’re having a great start to the new year!
If you’re looking for a hair serum that’ll tame frizz and add shine without weighing it down… please continue to read on! I have the perfect product for you!
Introducing… Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid!
A fluid styling formula that adds shine and movement as it restores a healthy look and feel to hair. Plant-based ingredients-like certified organic jojoba-help condition and smooth hair. Smooths, and conditions. Dries with a soft touchable finish. Adds weightless, free-flowing movement, body and natural shine. For all hair types. 3.4 fl oz or 100mL for $28. Available at Aveda.
- What I love: Unlike other frizz and shine serums, Aveda’s Smoothing Fluid absorbs instantly. There’s no oily residue left on my hair or hands after application. This amazing product instantly absorbs and leaves hair soft, smooth, and silky.
- What I don’t like: If I were to nitpick… I wish it smelled a bit better. That’s not to say that I don’t like the smell, ‘m not crazy about it.
- Scent: The plant-based fluid uses certified organic ingredients like jojoba and lavender. The product has a natural plant smell with a touch of lavender. I don’t care for lavender, but it doesn’t smell too strong of lavender so I don’t mind it. The product smells very natural.
- Hair Type: I recommend this product for curly, wavy, and straight hair. Below are some photos of me with both wavy and straight hair. Love this product for both looks. 🙂
- How to Use: Apply a small amount of the smoothing fluid to the palms of your hands and rub together. Start by applying to the ends of damp hair, then apply the remaining fluid to the rest of your hair focusing mostly on the outside layer of your hair. Blow dry, style, or air dry. Do not apply this or any smoothing serum/fluid to the roots. It will leave your hair looking and feeling oily. For extra shine or to tame flyaways, apply to dry hair.
Straight and Smooth Hair
If I’m leaving the house with my hair wet, I make sure to apply the smoothing fluid before I leave. It helps prevent frizz as my hair air dries.
If I am blow drying or using a heating tool, I like to apply a little before and a little after I’m done styling to get a really smooth look.
Wavy and Curly Hair
If you have naturally wavy hair or a heating tool to curl your hair, I recommend applying the smoothing fluid when your hair is damp and even after your hair is dry if you need a little more taming. Just remember to avoid the roots.
To get this beachy wave look without any heat, checkout my easy tutorials HERE (for straight hair) and HERE (for naturally wavy hair). If you have straight hair and want beachy waves but have no time to curl… you have to check out this tutorial HERE. Game changer when it comes to curling your hair with a curling iron. In 2 minutes flat, you’ll have loose waves. Promise.
I highly recommend this product. I LOVE how it absorbs quickly and leaves my hair feeling soft and healthy. No oily or greasy feeling on my hair and hands! Perfection.