As many of already know, I’m always on the lookout for a good lip balm. Last year, I picked up a Lip Treatment Oil from Hourglass and I’d like to share my thoughts with you!
I’m a sucker for beautiful packaging and I wasn’t disappointed with Hourglass. 🙂
Hourglass No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil- Available at Sephora $42
A richly concentrated oil blend of cutting-edge actives, botanicals, and skin-rejuvenating vitamins for the delicate lip area. As a follow up to No. 28 Primer Serum, this highly advanced lip treatment oil has both short- and long-term benefits for the lips. The combination of powerful actives, essential oils, plant oils, and vitamins works on contact to condition lips, relieve dryness and chapping, and shield against environmental elements. In addition, three advanced active ingredients strengthen the moisture barrier; boost skin smoothness; and elevate the appearance of lip texture, shape, and volume. No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil is dispensed via an opulent 24 karat, antibacterial, gold-plated tip to create a soothing effect on the lips.
First off, let’s start by reviewing all the essential oils in this product! 14 to be exact: Bois De Rose, Lavender, Geranium, Petitgrain, Lemon, Rosemary, Vanilla, Clove, Amyris, Orange, Ylang Ylang, Eucalyptus, Cedar, and Rose Geranium, as well as lipid-rich plant oils that include Hazelnut, Kukui Nut, Rose Hip, Borage, Olive, Green Tea, Cherry Pit, Sweet Almond, Jojoba, and Evening Primrose, and is fortified with vitamins A, B5, C, and E. Wow. That’s a lot of essential oils.
To dispense, just press the grip at the base of the gold applicator. Start with partial pumps because you’ll get a ton of product with a full pump.
- I really like the high end, yet sturdy packaging. The applicator looks (24 karat gold plated) and feels great.
- The Treatment Oil is very rich and emollient. The product is very dense and a bit too sticky for me to use during the day. I would recommend this product as a nighttime treatment.
- The scent is herbal with a touch of mint.
- Like all other Hourglass products, this product also does not have any Parabens, Phthalates, Sulfates, Gluten, Mineral Oil, Nanoparticles, Synthetic Dyes, and of course they never test on our furry friends.
- I love this Treatment Oil as a night treatment. I find myself not reaching for it during the day because of its dense formula and also for the fact that it doesn’t have any color to it. If they came out with a colored version, I might reconsider and use during the day too. I can’t imagine using this clear lip oil and then putting a colored lip gloss on top of this. That would be product overload!
- Due to its high $42 price point, I wouldn’t repurchase even though I think it’s a great product… or who knows, I may change my mind once I run out. 🙂