Looking for an eye shadow palette? Here’s a list of the ones I’ve reviewed for you: Naked Palette, Naked 2, Naked 3, Smashbox Full Exposure, Lorac Pro Palette and many more. You won’t be short of options, but let’s add one more to the mix!
Today~ let’s take a look at Too Faced’s Chocolate Bar!
The Chocolate Bar experience begins as soon as you open the palette and the smell of sweet chocolate envelops you. The eye shadows are pigmented with pure, antioxidant-rich cocoa powder and includes 16 matte and shimmer shades of natural browns, delicate pinks and luscious plums. Includes our signature how-to Glamour Guide with three looks to get you started.
Available at Sephora and SkinStore.com for $49.
There are 16 antioxidant-rich cocoa powder infused shades in this palette!
Below is another look at the palette. There are 6 mattes and 10 satin/shimmery shades (listed in italics below).
- Top Row: Gilded Ganache, White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Black Forest Truffle, Triple Fudge.
- Middle Row: Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Semi Sweet, Strawberry Bon Bon, Candied Violet, Amaretto.
- Last Row: Hazelnut, Crème Brulee, Haute Chocolate, Cherry Cordial, Champagne Truffle.
A closer look at the left half of the palette with swatches 🙂
Now for the right half of the palette with swatches.
You know I couldn’t resist doing a comparison 🙂 Below is a comparison between the Chocolate Bar with one of my favorites~ Urban Decay’s Naked Palette!
I looked for similar colors and found 3. By the way, if you’re interested in my full Naked Palette, please click here. Otherwise, please keep scrolling!~
Below are swatches of the 3 similar shades from the Chocolate Bar and the Naked Palette.
Comparison between Too Faced Chocolate Bar vs. Urban Decay Naked Palette.
- Sin from Naked is a bit more pink than Champagne Truffle.
- Milk Chocolate from Chocolate Bar is a darker brown than Buck.
- Toasted and Amaretto looked similar in the pot, but were very different once swatched. Toasted is very shimmery compared to Amaretto. Also, Amaretto was a darker brown.
Overall Thoughts on Too Faced’s Chocolate Bar!
- Color Selection: I love the colors in this palette! Every color in this palette is usable and provides a ton of options for neutral or dramatic looks.
- Color Payoff: In terms of quality, the colors are pigmented and soft. Candied Violet and Cherry Cordial has a drier consistency and apply a bit more sheer.
- Consistency: Most of the colors are soft and buttery. A couple of colors (Candied Violet and Cherry Cordial) are drier in consistency and apply more sheer than you would think. I actually don’t mind the dry formula. Just thought I’d mention it so that you’re aware 🙂
- Packaging: Strong metal container with a magnetic close and mirror. The palette is a bit bigger in size than my other palettes which can be of concern while traveling… but it’s very sturdy so that’s good.
- Scent: Strange to discuss scent for a eye shadow palette, but the Chocolate Bar is infused with antioxidant-rich cocoa powder and you can smell it! There’s a subtle semi-sweet scent. 🙂
I recommend the Chocolate Bar palette! Available at Sephora for $49, I think this palette is a solid investment. Lots of everyday colors as well as smoky eye options. I hope this review has been helpful~
If you have a favorite eye shadow palette, please let me know in the comments below!
I’d love to hear from you!!!