Hello Lovelies! Some of you already know I struggle with chronic dry, parched, cracked, and peel-y lips. Basic chapsticks and balms do nothing. Yes, absolutely nothing. I need heavy-duty moisture that’s going to keep my lips moisturized and even prevent dry lips. I’ve even used Boob cream (read more here) to alleviate the dryness. Now I don’t have to thanks to Bite’s Agave Sugar Lip Scrub and Mask. These two products are great individually, but are amazing as a pair. As you can see below in the photo, I’ve used mine quite a bit and will need to make a repurchase. 😉
Bite Agave Sugar Lip Scrub: Available at Sephora for $18.
According to Bite, the Agave Sugar Lip Scrub is a gentle lip scrub that cleanses, exfoliates, and conditions lips with raw brown sugar, pineapple enzymes and exotic oils, leaving them beautifully smooth and soft. An essential part of any nighttime ritual, the Agave Sugar Lip Scrub is a triple-action, foaming lip scrub that’s infused with exotic oils, brown sugar, and pineapple enzymes. It cleanses and gently exfoliates, while the agave syrup moisturizes and conditions your lips. It is free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
I absolutely LOVE this lip scrub. Here’s a list of why I highly recommend this product, along with some things to consider before purchasing:
- Delicious semi-sweet vanilla scent. So good.
- Super rich texture is luxurious and so nourishing.
- Provides an enzymatic and physical exfoliation which helps remove dead skin cells effectively.
- Although the product description above states that this is a foaming lip scrub, it does NOT foam.
- Formula starts off as a honey-like consistency but emulsifies beautifully with water and rinses easily. You’re not left with a sticky residue at all. I love this aspect so much. You’re lips will be exfoliated, clean, and ready for the next step in lip care!
- If you want to DIY a similar scrub at home, please try this Homemade Lip Scrub!
Below is a closer look at the lip scrub. You can see the sugar particles in the mask.
Bite Agave Lip Mask: Available at Sephora for $26 in 3 colors Original (clear), Champagne (Pink), and Smashed (Berry)
According to Bite, the Bite Agave Lip Mask is a soothing, leave-on lip mask that replenishes moisture. This innovative formula smooths, nourishes, and hydrates lips with a bioactive blend of organic agave nectar, jojoba oil, vanilla co2 extract, and triple the amount of the antioxidant trans-resveratrol found in red wine. It is free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
Here is a list of why I love this lip mask and some things you should know before purchasing:
- So rich and thick. Two of the first ingredients in the mask is lanolin and castor seed oil so you can imagine how rich it is.
- You need very little. The heat from my fingers and lips help melt the mask onto your lips.
- I love using this mask at night as a part of my skincare routine, but also love using it in the mornings before heading out.
- Obviously you can’t wear it under a long-lasting lipstick and expect the lipstick to last as long, but if you have extremely dry lips like mine this is a perfect product to use in the morning to create a barrier of moisture.
- Available in 3 colors: Original (clear), Champagne (Pink), and Smashed (Berry)
- I purchased my original shade a while ago which was in a metal tube. The new products are no longer in a metal tube. The packaging change is a good change that I’m glad to see. The coating on the original metal packaging started to flake off which was annoying and always got all over my hands and lips. Luckily, all the recent products are in new packaging that does not flake off.
You can see the old and new packaging below. 🙂
I LOVE both the scrub and the mask and would highly recommend them. I honestly can’t say enough about the sugar lip scrub because it’s amazing at gently exfoliating the lips. The scrub emulsifies upon coming into contact with water and rinses clean without striping the lips. Absolutely no residue is left on the lips. Lips are left soft and supple.
The lip mask is amazing too because it is so rich. So much richer than most lip products I’ve tried and believe me… I’ve tried them all. The combo of the scrub and mask is amazing. I will definitely be repurchasing multiple times over.
I hope this post has been helpful. If you have lip products that you’ve been loving, please let me know! I love to learn about new lip products. Keep in touch on social!!!